HB3098 Constitutional Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If, or when, we have "constitutional carry", will there be any restrictions on where, when or what one can carry? Will people be able to carry concealed into a courthouse, bar, police station, etc.? Handguns only? Open carry only? Perhaps someone who has lived in a "constitutional carry" state can tell us what restrictions, if any, are imposed there.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If, or when, we have "constitutional carry", will there be any restrictions on where, when or what one can carry? Will people be able to carry concealed into a courthouse, bar, police station, etc.? Handguns only? Open carry only? Perhaps someone who has lived in a "constitutional carry" state can tell us what restrictions, if any, are imposed there.

Where I have been, the restrictions on where you can carry do not go away with constitutional carry. Neither do the penalties for prohibited persons who are caught carrying.
KY has had legal unlicensed open carry for like forever, but the court house, prisons, police stations and bars have also been illegal to carry for like forever, too.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Constitutional carry won't do away with OK handgun licenses. Residents of Oklahoma will still need a handgun license to carry in states that won't recognize constitutional carry.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Constitutional carry won't do away with OK handgun licenses. Residents of Oklahoma will still need a handgun license to carry in states that won't recognize constitutional carry.

That was my first question as well.

I go to neighboring states just enough to want a piece of plastic I can show the local polizei. I'm not sure it would go over well if I was asked "Where did you get the authorization to carry that?" and I respond with "James Madison, *****".

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my first question as well.

I go to neighboring states just enough to want a piece of plastic I can show the local polizei. I'm not sure it would go over well if I was asked "Where did you get the authorization to carry that?" and I respond with "James Madison, *****".

Haha! Mind if I use that line if I get pulled over with my piece? I'd be in trouble for exercising a right without permission and paying my tax to the machine anyway.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is true "constitutional carry", how does that fit with the language of the 2nd Amend? If there are restrictions, then is it actual "constitutional carry"?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is true "constitutional carry", how does that fit with the language of the 2nd Amend? If there are restrictions, then is it actual "constitutional carry"?
Call it what you want. Its still better than paying $225 for a permit. The BOR didnt speculate any "need" for an expensive permit in order to bear arms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom