How would you react to a new gun shop in BA that has a "NO GUNS" sign on the door?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few months back I was looking to buy a new Ruger 22/45. I was checking out the prices in OKC and decided I was going to go to a pawn shop near my house to see if I could find a cheaper price. As I was about to walk in the door, I saw a gun buster sign in their door. I turned around and got back in my truck and left. If they had had a 22/45 in stock that was a decent price, they lost a sale there because I ended up buying mine just about a mile away from them at a store that had no gun buster sign. I'll not support your business if you will not support my rights.
Was it Pawn Sharks? I know they are posted no weapons. When I lived in OKC I refused to go there. Sooner State Pawn is better .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off, his business, his rules. Also, my money, my rules on where I spend it.
Or what if the sign was posted, "must clear all guns".
First I suggested he put a sign that said something like "keep carry guns holstered". I asked the guy last night about it when I stopped in the shop and he said he wanted me to clear my gun, I told him I wouldn't and I would just leave. My gun was concealed and never handled the whole time and he didn't know I had it untill I told him.
I have asked several guys here at work and their reply was "****em" I'll never stop by.
Me personally, I won't do business with them nor will I spread the word to my fellow shooters.
How do other shops in your area handle it?

You gain nothing by not confronting the owner with the facts. They will never seen a dozen people walk up to their door, and turn around.
Information presented in a factual manner with a promise to send links in an email to back up the intel might work.

If it doesn't you've done your job, and its time to find another place to play.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You gain nothing by not confronting the owner with the facts. They will never seen a dozen people walk up to their door, and turn around.
Information presented in a factual manner with a promise to send links in an email to back up the intel might work.

If it doesn't you've done your job, and its time to find another place to play.

I had a "discussion" with a liquor store owner who told me it was illegal to carry my weapon there. I told him no, it wasn't, he should read the SDA - he told me he had. I left rather than take off my weapon and went home and printed out the relevant section of the SDA to take back and give to him... my wife convinced me to let it go so I never did. And I've never been back into that store, carrying or not. I drink a LOT of Scotch and I don't buy cheap liquor at all. So, while I'm sure he's not noted my absence in the least, I can rest comfortably at night knowing that the dipshit who's so afraid of guns he can't be bothered to read the law about them won't any of my rather substantial monthly liquor budget.

My new liquor store is about 3 times as far away (still only 5 minutes or so) and has a much better selection of Scotches. And when I'm there, concealed is concealed.

<edit> Just a note - I wasn't arguing with the original liquor store owner about his right to deny firearms carry on his property, not at all... he never actually asked me to leave, he said, "It's against the law to carry a gun in here." We had about 2 or 3 lines back and forth, not heated, just pointed, and I left. That's all. If he had posted his property or whatever, that would have been fine, but he didn't. He called me out in an open store from behind the counter with other customers there, making them look my way, as well as other employees, etc., and he didn't want to look "anti-gun", so he tried to blame it on state law, which is a cop-out and incorrect. Wasn't the way to handle it, and he was wrong, as well. I attempted to explain to him that he was, but he was hearing none of it... so I left.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we need to set up a bunch of people to visit the store, stop at the door, look at the sign, and then turn around and leave...

You'd need to make sure the shop owner sees you guys, and you need to point at the sign and shake your heads before you leave. Oh, and shove wads of cash back into your pockets as you walk away ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom