I am a Teacher and a Veteran.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost my temper at school this morning! During the course of saying the Pledge of Allegiance the kids who were saying it were playing around, (giggling), during it. This was broadcast over the entire school. Pissed me off! I can tolerate a lot. I realize that kids are kids. However, at some point we all have our little Pet Peeves. Mine is disrespecting the pledge. I sent an email to the administrators about my displeasure. I am sure NOTHING will be done. Ughhhhhh. Rant off. The world has become a sad, scary place my friends.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lost my temper at school this morning! During the course of saying the Pledge of Allegiance the kids who were saying it were playing around, (giggling), during it. This was broadcast over the entire school. Pissed me off! I can tolerate a lot. I realize that kids are kids. However, at some point we all have our little Pet Peeves. Mine is disrespecting the pledge. I sent an email to the administrators about my displeasure. I am sure NOTHING will be done. Ughhhhhh. Rant off. The world has become a sad, scary place my friends.

What age group?

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've coached for over 30+ years................The kids don't know. They don't understand. I coached at the largest HS in the state. And, routinely had to discipline players for not respecting the playing of the National Athem. And, when parents are consulted the reaction is similar. Reversely, I also fish BFLs and when we pray and the National Athem is played 400 grown men stand at attention. I guess it just depends on what is important to you.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putnam City HS, 1973. It was typical then that coaches taught American History. We had Mr. Roberts, a coach, that would always warn of Communist and their goals. He was spot on correct. And there were students that snickered and ridiculed him for doing so. I sometimes wonder what those same kids would say now.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry you're having a bad day; I hate when my pet-peeves ruin my day. Just remember they are kids and have been sheltered from the evils that make us appreciate out country, raised by generations of parents without instruction manuals and by "adults" who have been complaining about the "youth of today" going back to Socrates. I am appreciative of men like yourself that help shape them into better humans!

Latest posts

Top Bottom