Iowa Steak Company?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys, I think I got the shaft....

Got a knock on the door yesterday, and the wife said it looked like a kid selling something and I should talk to them, so I went against my better judgement and opened the door. Wasn't a kid, it was a guy came from "Iowa Steak Company" selling some frozen, vaccum sealed beef. Looked like good meat, and the price was right, so I bought a box. After I got it in the freezer and started thinking about it, I decided to google the company, and it has an "F" rating at the BBB, and a slew of articles on the "rip off report" type websites (all from other states, saying meat looks good, but is poor quality, etc). I'll have to do some more research when I get back home today regarding the USDA lot numbers and stuff, but now I'm afraid of eating it for fear of poisoning myself and my family....

Have any of y'all ever bought meat from these people? From now on I think I'm going to stick to my policy of not answering the door if I didn't invite someone over, lol.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought some steaks from one of those roaming meat wagons about 30 years ago. Not good!

I'm sure a lot of people have tried them at least once and regretted it.

You live and learn. You'll know better next time.:)

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got some a while back, I had worse in the Navy. Most of it is still in my freezer if that tells you anything.

So it's good enough to not throw away, but not so good you want to eat it regularly? haha, alright, well as long as it doesn't send me to the hospital, that works for me.

He didn't have a sob story, just some decent looking meat at what seemed like a decent price. Meh, $150 idiot tax at worst I guess.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had one show up with the sob story that they had all these orders and nobody was home and they didn't want to take them all the way back to their shop in OKC. I figured why not give it a shot, who knows maybe they aren't all that bad.... Well some of them really weren't all that bad, in fact the burgers were delicious, but other steaks were not that good. Wouldn't use them again, other than to buy a box of the burgers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom