Is OK a stop and ID state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are laws that make it mandatory to show ID when making those purchases.
This has come up several times. Although it is true that it is not legal to sell alcohol or tobacco to an underage person, so far, nobody has been able to provide a citation to a statute in Oklahoma that requires a buyer to show ID to complete the purchase. The merchant can require the buyer to show ID (and they’re wise to do so in most conditions), but that’s just a store policy, not a law.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a big difference between being out walking the trails and sitting in a car (“car’s occupants”) in the middle of the parking lot. I don’t think anyone is going to question why people are out walking the trails during the day, and that was not what I was talking about (or at least intending to talk about).

If a couple is sitting in a car in an otherwise empty parking lot at Dirtybird during the work day, the chances are better than average that they’re up to something that they probably ought not be doing in public, if not something that’s outright illegal. I’m not saying that all, or even most, people are, but it definitely happens, and that Trooper’s reason for making initial contact was completely legit.
I don't think anyone here is debating whether that Troopers initial contact was legal or not. What is being debated is whether he returned on the basis of being 'butt hurt' by the mouthy male in the car, or for some other 'legitimate' reason, and then exceeded his authority, considering the situation.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is debating whether that Troopers initial contact was legal or not. What is being debated is whether he returned on the basis of being 'butt hurt' by the mouthy male in the car, or for some other 'legitimate' reason, and then exceeded his authority, considering the situation.
I’m not arguing that, I’m just explaining a part of my initial post that was apparently misunderstood by the person who replied to it.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
This has come up several times. Although it is true that it is not legal to sell alcohol or tobacco to an underage person, so far, nobody has been able to provide a citation to a statute in Oklahoma that requires a buyer to show ID to complete the purchase. The merchant can require the buyer to show ID (and they’re wise to do so in most conditions), but that’s just a store policy, not a law.
And, if you decline to show ID and instead just walk away without the product the store clerk can't taser , shoot beat down or arrest you.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The little shiitbird didn't continue his attempt to hurt the officers by ramming the car anymore did he.
I didn't see the entire thing, but in my humble, but apparently unpopular opinion, deadly force should be a last resort. It appeared to me that crashing the car into another car wasn't to that level, especially for a kid?

But the parents should prob get some punishment for allowing a 7th grader to be out in that situation.

If you had shot him, you would be doing life...it is a double standard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom