Is OK a stop and ID state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i blame obama because he went a long way in making the cops look like the bad guys and destroying the values we grew up with. as potus what he said and did carries a lot of weight so i think i am putting at least a part of the blame where it belongs. i still think most of it falls on how people are raising or really not raising there kids when it comes down to it but when obama came out and blamed the cop up north and then blamed the cop in st. louis before he even knew what happened that made matters worse and we are still seeing the effects of that today, at least i think we are.
Naw, youthful widespread disrespect for authority figures (LEO's, parents, teachers, adults in general, etc.) was happening a long time before Obama came on the scene. That's what I meant by always blaming political figures (that you don't like) for stuff they personally didn't have much to do with. If anything, blame Congress and the SCOTUS for removing religion and discipline from the schools and preventing parents from being parents.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Naw, youthful widespread disrespect for authority figures (LEO's, parents, teachers, adults in general, etc.) was happening a long time before Obama came on the scene. That's what I meant by always blaming political figures (that you don't like) for stuff they personally didn't have much to do with. If anything, blame Congress and the SCOTUS for removing religion and discipline from the schools and preventing parents from being parents.
i agree and ive been saying it is the fault of no one raising their kids right and i do blame congress and scotus for their part but i also blame obama for his part in the breakdown of our values and the current administration that is determined to make it even worse and turns us into a communist nation. not sure why you dont see that.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, so are you arguing that because someone disrespected the LEO it was okay for him to violate the man’s rights? That’s not how rights work.

If so then the rule should be the same for anyone. Whenever anyone feels disrespected or offended it should be okay for them to assault the offending party. -sounds dumb right?

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to show ID to purchase Alcohol or Tobacco products and people do it everyday without making a big deal out of it. I don't get the dislike when a police officer ask for your ID unless your just wanting to be an azz or have warrants or something else your trying to hide from ( Yes it happens). Grow up people it's not the end of the world when your asked for your ID.
I get asked for my ID when I purchase cigarettes, I don't get all bent out of shape, I'm 66 years old and look it, don't look like a teenage but I still get asked for my ID.
I do not agree with the way the officer reacted but it could have all been avoided by simply showin ID. It's like some people are stuck at 4 years old or just wanting to be an azz.
Remember you do not always get to pick the consequences for you actions.
Just be kind and respectful to everyone and you will be fine.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to show ID to purchase Alcohol or Tobacco products and people do it everyday without making a big deal out of it. I don't get the dislike when a police officer ask for your ID unless your just wanting to be an ass or have warrants or something else your trying to hide from ( Yes it happens). Grow up people it's not the end of the world when your asked for your ID.
I get asked for my ID when I purchase cigarettes, I don't get all bent out of shape, I'm 66 years old and look it, don't look like a teenage but I still get asked for my ID.
I do not agree with the way the officer reacted but it could have all been avoided by simply showin ID. It's like some people are stuck at 4 years old or just wanting to be an ass.
Remember you do not always get to pick the consequences for you actions.
Just be kind and respectful to everyone and you will be fine.
Because the LEO may not be legally entitled to the ID. Some people may not want to relinquish their civil rights.Yet many officers don’t know this & illegally detain or arrest people for not showing ID & therefore violate civil rights. Happens all the time. In this case he lost his temper & demanded the ID. Not fit for duty, doesn’t have the temperament for the job.

It all could have been avoided if this unfit cop did his job & left he scene before anything happened, but his ego got in the way. The citizen was a jerk & should have remained silent, BTW.

Also, people can be kind & respectful & politely decline to give the ID, as is their right. But often even this this enrages some LEO’s & bad stuff happens to innocent law abiding folks. Being “kind & respectful“ to everyone doesn’t guarantee you will “fine”, as evidenced in the second video below.

This made national news:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...egally-blind-man-cane-gun-arrest/10661060002/
This is a favorite. Police don’t understand a simple ID law. Yet I bet people voluntarily give it up out of intimidation to these guys all the time. Innocent man cuffed & separated from his child. Peacefully exercising your civil rights doesnt make people stuck at 4 yrs old or uncooperative.

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/n...elo-mans-arrest-police-mishandled/6569482002/

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
every cop i know couldnt stand obama and now this administration. many are veterans and not one of them would violate the oaths they took for him or anybody else. the cops you keep referring to who step on peoples rights without giving it a thought are the minority. as for comparing cops with airline pilots that makes no sense at all. first of all cops do not have as many failures as you keep eluding to only in the anti-cop liberal world is that considered true and comparing two jobs that are not even close to the same is worse than comparing apples to oranges. also we are not talking about "government in general" where i would agree with you that there is a lot of problems we are talking about one profession and one group of people which is a big difference than the whole government.
I agree that blue city cops are probably worse, but as I previously mentioned, my confidence is mixed for OK. More than a few bad interactions have made national news than I would like to see. But I agree you are right that police in red states are more politically conservative. However, that doesn't automatically mean they know and follow the law when it comes to people's rights.

The liberals and RINOs are in charge of the cops right now so they tend to get more scrutiny until that changes :) I respect law and order but I like most law-abiding producers want it to be administered professionally. Nobody should take issue with that? I think the good cops would be the first to agree.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes police do not want to be ID'd when they are legally required:

And even republican cops can be authoritarian too..."I could give a f*ck about your rights...I'm not politically correct":

Anyway, I'm done with this debate, I respect the law, I think in general cops need more pay and more training and I 100% back them if they are in the right. I just hate to see so many illustrations that fit a narrative (that feeds the left BTW), and at some point, we have to acknowledge an issue before it can get better. Good cops need to be more vocal about bad cops just like people were expecting Muslims to do after 911 about the radicals.

Last edited:

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree that blue city cops are probably worse, but as I previously mentioned, my confidence is mixed for OK. More than a few bad interactions have made national news than I would like to see. But I agree you are right that police in red states are more politically conservative. However, that doesn't automatically mean they know and follow the law when it comes to people's rights.

The liberals and RINOs are in charge of the cops right now so they tend to get more scrutiny until that changes :) I respect law and order but I like most law-abiding producers want it to be administered professionally. Nobody should take issue with that? I think the good cops would be the first to agree.
did i say they automatically follow the law? pretty sure i did not. what i said is that the vast majority of cops are good and the bad ones are a minority. sadly the media and people like you only like to talk about the bad stuff that goes on while you leave the good stuff, which far outweighs the bad stuff, out. you know the more you post the more i wonder what your intentions really are. it seems to me what you really want to do here is stir the pot just like the all the trolls on fakebook do and much like mavs always did.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because the LEO may not be legally entitled to the ID. Some people may not want to relinquish their civil rights.Yet many officers don’t know this & illegally detain or arrest people for not showing ID & therefore violate civil rights. Happens all the time. In this case he lost his temper & demanded the ID. Not fit for duty, doesn’t have the temperament for the job.

It all could have been avoided if this unfit cop did his job & left he scene before anything happened, but his ego got in the way.

BTW, people can be kind & respectful & politely decline to give the ID, as is their right. But often even this this enrages some LEO’s & bad stuff happens to innocent law abiding folks.

Want another example? This made national news.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...egally-blind-man-cane-gun-arrest/10661060002/

It all could have been avoided if this unfit cop did his job & left he scene before anything happened, but his ego got in the way. The citizen was a jerk & should have remained silent, BTW.

Also, people can be kind & respectful & politely decline to give the ID, as is their right. But often even this this enrages some LEO’s & bad stuff happens to innocent law abiding folks. Being “kind & respectful“ to everyone doesn’t guarantee you will “fine”, as evidenced in the second video below.

This made national news:

This is a favorite. Police don’t understand a simple ID law. Yet I bet people voluntarily give it up out of intimidation to these guys all the time. Innocent man cuffed & separated from his child. Peacefully exercising your civil rights doesnt make people stuck at 4 yrs old or uncooperative.

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/n...elo-mans-arrest-police-mishandled/6569482002/
I just think people should be nice and respectful to everyone at all times, that's how I treated everyone in all my years as a police officer and I got along with most. Even the persons that tried to stab me and shoot me, before I took them inside the jail for booking for their crimes I gave them a cigarette and let them smoke it before I took them inside. I saw one of the people a few years later and he bought me a cup of coffee and we had a real nice conversation.

You are correct but If a police officer asks for your identification, you must provide it if you are a driver that has been stopped or pulled over. However, Oklahoma is not a "stop and identify" state. Unless you are a driver as described previously, you do not have to provide identification to police during a casual encounter or if you are detained. If you are arrested, however, you do have to provide identification It is important to note that you never have to consent to a search
Link Below
Infographic: Your Rights in a Police Encounter

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
did i say they automatically follow the law? pretty sure i did not. what i said is that the vast majority of cops are good and the bad ones are a minority. sadly the media and people like you only like to talk about the bad stuff that goes on while you leave the good stuff, which far outweighs the bad stuff, out. you know the more you post the more i wonder what your intentions really are. it seems to me what you really want to do here is stir the pot just like the all the trolls on fakebook do and much like mavs always did.
Nope...I have a fine track record here. I've debated Mavs plenty. I have debated okcBob plenty too. Admittedly I do like to try and understand the other side of an argument. But I've been called a libtard for taking a more conservative position than the guy who called me that LOL.

- I want cops paid more
- I back cops when they are in the right
- I don't like people with authority to misuse it
- I support law & order
- I didn't like what Obama did
- I like free speech
- I don't like corruption

What more do you want?

Latest posts

Top Bottom