Is OK a stop and ID state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a LEO you don’t have the privilege or the leeway to “lose your temper”. Temper has no place in LE. It’s a problem. A serious one.
I, in no way support the actions of this Trooper, but perhaps it was the LEO's attitude (and lack of physical shape) that landed him in a relatively out-of-the-way position, away from the type of interactions that most OHP Troopers typically have, which might also play into his less than stellar attitude towards others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Throughout this thread you have made it clear that if someone "mouths off" to the almighty OHP then whatever they get is "deserved" but this post that I quoted above is INSANE.

You watched a LEO beat up your little brother and you understand it? You would lose your temper as a LEO if a little kid says something to hurt your "feelings" YIKES.

I can't believe you are transparently stating that LEO can literally beat people up or do the things the video showed if they decide they don't like what you say. What is your threshold for their limit on power?
Saying that a person understands something is not the same thing as say that they support it. If his brother was 'mouthy' then one may be able to understand why they got their ass kicked, but that does not mean they agreed with the retribution that happened.

My own son, when he was younger, mouthed off to a bunch of school mates, whom threatened to do a beat-down on him. I didn't agree with the idea of a beat-down, but I did understand why they wanted to do one.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how do you know what training cops do or don't get? sounds like you're assuming things if you ask me. also you do know training costs money and lots of times it means they are going to be shorthanded while they send people to training. this brings up the question how do you vote when it comes to more money for first responders? in case you cant figure it out thats where they get money for the training you claim they arent getting enough of and more help to cover for people at training. and before you say they already got to many cops remember we are also talking about firefighters and ems and the equipment they use.
I think cops should all be paid six-figures; it is a dangerous job and they are expected to be adult baby sitters, attorneys, constitutional scholars, counselors, EMT's, all rolled into one job. I would love to divert some of my tax money to better policing and I have opposed defunding. As far as the lack of training, there are plenty of accounts that come out after the various policy "incidents" that make it to the public eye where there was a clear lack of training. But if you are asking me, I think de-escalation is common sense. There is a fine line between dealing with real danger vs completely un-necessary heavy handedness. Some of the hundreds, maybe thousands of interactions on video are sometimes unbelievable. It is what you would expect on the back roads of a 3rd-world country or Eastern Europe. Everyone knows it.

And not all "incidents" are with criminals and thugs...this one is a perfect example and there are many like it. A guy was parked by the railroad who worked for BNSF and this officer shows why he should not be in any kind of position of power. He has no common sense.

After you watch that entire video, you tell me why that most-likely conservative, law-abiding citizen in the video would ever support the police again? Rouge cops treating non-criminals like this alienates the main constituency that typically supports them.

"I DARE you to move from there"....

Last edited:

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to identify yourself, as a passenger. You are not required to present an official ID.

Same walking anywhere. LEO can ask for a name (don't lie, that's another offense). You must give your name. .

You don't have to "present your papers".
I have yet to find any law in Oklahoma that requires a passenger, or a pedestrian, to either provide ID, or to give their name to an officer during a consensual encounter.
It does not become a detention, unless the officer has Reasonable Articulable Suspicion that the passenger has committed, is committing, or is about to committing a crime.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think cops should all be paid six-figures; it is a dangerous job and they are expected to be adult baby sitters, attorneys, constitutional scholars, counselors, EMT's, all rolled into one job. I would love to divert some of my tax money to better policing and I have opposed defunding. As far as the lack of training, there are plenty of accounts that come out after the various policy "incidents" that make it to the public eye where there was a clear lack of training. But if you are asking me, I think de-escalation is common sense. There is a fine line between dealing with real danger vs completely un-necessary heavy handedness. Some of the hundreds, maybe thousands of interactions on video are sometimes unbelievable. It is what you would expect on the back roads of a 3rd-world country or Eastern Europe. Everyone knows it.

And not all "incidents" are with criminals and thugs...this one is a perfect example and there are many like it. A guy was parked by the railroad who worked for BNSF and this officer shows why he should not be in any kind of position of power. He has no common sense.

After you watch that entire video, you tell me why that most-likely conservative, law-abiding citizen in the video would ever support the police again? Rouge cops treating non-criminals like this alienates the main constituency that typically supports them.

"I DARE you to move from there"....

you act like the majority of interactions between police and someone they come into contact with end up with the cop using unnecessary force when nothing could be further from the truth. most contacts with cops even if the person gets a ticket end up with no issues at all. the facts are if people would comply pretty much every contact that requires arrest would happen with very little to no force at all. im not saying there is anything wrong with deescalation training, but the real answer is in training the public on how to act when they are contacted by the cops. as someone else here said when we were kids we were taught respect not just for authority but for elders to, that seems to have been forgotten now. there is no longer any respect for anyone just a bunch of spoiled entitled jerks who think they can and should be able to get away with anything. i believe there are many reasons for that but they start with the breakdown of the family. then you bring in a traitor like obama who makes the cops look like the bad guys and we have a total loss of respect for our society and our laws.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you act like the majority of interactions between police and someone they come into contact with end up with the cop using unnecessary force when nothing could be further from the truth. most contacts with cops even if the person gets a ticket end up with no issues at all. the facts are if people would comply pretty much every contact that requires arrest would happen with very little to no force at all. im not saying there is anything wrong with deescalation training, but the real answer is in training the public on how to act when they are contacted by the cops. as someone else here said when we were kids we were taught respect not just for authority but for elders to, that seems to have been forgotten now. there is no longer any respect for anyone just a bunch of spoiled entitled jerks who think they can and should be able to get away with anything. i believe there are many reasons for that but they start with the breakdown of the family. then you bring in a traitor like obama who makes the cops look like the bad guys and we have a total loss of respect for our society and our laws.
I hear ya...I said many times that nobody on this forum would act like that guy did in the first vid.

But there is a consistent problem with integrity in gov't in general and it is common enough and on display for the whole world to see. Imagine if commercial airline pilots had as many failures? There would be hundreds of downed planes. We need to demand better. These are armed enforcers of the state and that should always be under the proper scrutiny even though it is necessary for them to exist.

As for Obama...I adamantly disagreed with him and his professor buddy that led to the beer summit was way out oif line. But you can't have it both ways...the cops follow the orders of whoever is in charge...So if they suck up to Obama while he bad mouths them, then they can blame themselves for putting up with it and continuing to enforce his will rather than the actual law. The cop he badmouthed unjustly should have never attended the beer summit...that entitled professor was a racial grifter based on my recollection.

I back the blue 100% when they are in the right. I apply the same to anyone.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hear ya...I said many times that nobody on this forum would act like that guy did in the first vid.

But there is a consistent problem with integrity in gov't in general and it is common enough and on display for the whole world to see. Imagine if commercial airline pilots had as many failures? There would be hundreds of downed planes. We need to demand better. These are armed enforcers of the state and that should always be under the proper scrutiny even though it is necessary for them to exist.

As for Obama...I adamantly disagreed with him and his professor buddy that led to the beer summit was way out oif line. But you can't have it both ways...the cops follow the orders of whoever is in charge...So if they suck up to Obama while he bad mouths them, then they can blame themselves for putting up with it and continuing to enforce his will rather than the actual law. The cop he badmouthed unjustly should have never attended the beer summit...that entitled professor was a racial grifter based on my recollection.

I back the blue 100% when they are in the right. I apply the same to anyone.
every cop i know couldnt stand obama and now this administration. many are veterans and not one of them would violate the oaths they took for him or anybody else. the cops you keep referring to who step on peoples rights without giving it a thought are the minority. as for comparing cops with airline pilots that makes no sense at all. first of all cops do not have as many failures as you keep eluding to only in the anti-cop liberal world is that considered true and comparing two jobs that are not even close to the same is worse than comparing apples to oranges. also we are not talking about "government in general" where i would agree with you that there is a lot of problems we are talking about one profession and one group of people which is a big difference than the whole government.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agreed with everything you said until the last part about Obama. I'm not a supporter of Obama nor the Democrats, but the problem is not about political figures, it's about our societies children whom, like you said, lack respect for authority and their elders. Unless and untill we can get beyond just always blaming political parties (Congress) for societies ills, nothing will ever get resolved. Put the blame where it actually belongs - on the individual.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agreed with everything you said until the last part about Obama. I'm not a supporter of Obama nor the Democrats, but the problem is not about political figures, it's about our societies children whom, like you said, lack respect for authority and their elders. Unless and untill we can get beyond just always blaming political parties (Congress) for societies ills, nothing will ever get resolved. Put the blame where it actually belongs - on the individual.
i blame obama because he went a long way in making the cops look like the bad guys and destroying the values we grew up with. as potus what he said and did carries a lot of weight so i think i am putting at least a part of the blame where it belongs. i still think most of it falls on how people are raising or really not raising there kids when it comes down to it but when obama came out and blamed the cop up north and then blamed the cop in st. louis before he even knew what happened that made matters worse and we are still seeing the effects of that today, at least i think we are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom