Is OK a stop and ID state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nope...I have a fine track record here. I've debated Mavs plenty. I have debated okcBob plenty too. Admittedly I do like to try and understand the other side of an argument. But I've been called a libtard for taking a more conservative position than the guy who called me that LOL.

- I want cops paid more
- I back cops when they are in the right
- I don't like people with authority to misuse it
- I support law & order
- I didn't like what Obama did
- I like free speech
- I don't like corruption

What more do you want?
i already said what i would like to see more of from you. if you cant figure that out its not my problem. family time for me, have a good night.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope...I have a fine track record here. I've debated Mavs plenty. I have debated okcBob plenty too. Admittedly I do like to try and understand the other side of an argument. But I've been called a libtard for taking a more conservative position than the guy who called me that LOL.

- I want cops paid more
- I back cops when they are in the right
- I don't like people with authority to misuse it
- I support law & order
- I didn't like what Obama did
- I like free speech
- I don't like corruption

What more do you want?
Mavs? Really? Give me some credit, lol. Don’t like the guilt by association thing.😆

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i already said what i would like to see more of from you. if you cant figure that out its not my problem. family time for me, have a good night.
I'll re-read your post later...I have skimmed due to family time and gun stuff, so we have that in common. Take care.
@sh00ter I think someone is trolling for your fansonly page

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see it this way- the kids were not really doing anything wrong- why would you waste all this energy on it. Sure, they are a couple of losers really, but why even go here. Spend your time on people actually doing something unlawful and forget you need to be in charge all the time.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see it this way- the kids were not really doing anything wrong- why would you waste all this energy on it. Sure, they are a couple of losers really, but why even go here. Spend your time on people actually doing something unlawful and forget you need to be in charge all the time.

Yep. I frequent some areas that I am glad the cops/park service patrol regularly. Thieves breaking into cars while you're fishing/hiking/etc....

Those are real crimes and exactly what police force is intended for. If that police presence means being subjected to this BS then it's not worth it.

CaesarAbominus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the video yet. I don’t think OK is a stop and ID state, but if pulled over a traffic infraction and the LE wants passengers info, they are technically required to provide it.
Ok, there's some wrong think in your answer.
A passenger, not suspected of a crime has no obligation to provide I.D.
Law enforcement must have REASONABLE, ARTICULATABLE SUSPISION of a crime in order to arrest someone.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just think people should be nice and respectful to everyone at all times, that's how I treated everyone in all my years as a police officer and I got along with most. Even the persons that tried to stab me and shoot me, before I took them inside the jail for booking for their crimes I gave them a cigarette and let them smoke it before I took them inside. I saw one of the people a few years later and he bought me a cup of coffee and we had a real nice conversation.

You are correct but If a police officer asks for your identification, you must provide it if you are a driver that has been stopped or pulled over. However, Oklahoma is not a "stop and identify" state. Unless you are a driver as described previously, you do not have to provide identification to police during a casual encounter or if you are detained. If you are arrested, however, you do have to provide identification It is important to note that you never have to consent to a search
Link Below
Infographic: Your Rights in a Police Encounter
AND, if you do consent you have the right to STOP the search and withdraw your consent at any time.
This procedure is almost never told to the suspect. We had written consent forms which had their complete rights on them.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to show ID to purchase Alcohol or Tobacco products and people do it everyday without making a big deal out of it. I don't get the dislike when a police officer ask for your ID unless your just wanting to be an azz or have warrants or something else your trying to hide from ( Yes it happens). Grow up people it's not the end of the world when your asked for your ID.
I get asked for my ID when I purchase cigarettes, I don't get all bent out of shape, I'm 66 years old and look it, don't look like a teenage but I still get asked for my ID.
I do not agree with the way the officer reacted but it could have all been avoided by simply showin ID. It's like some people are stuck at 4 years old or just wanting to be an azz.
Remember you do not always get to pick the consequences for you actions.
Just be kind and respectful to everyone and you will be fine.
There are laws that make it mandatory to show ID when making those purchases.
There are laws that state when a cop has the AUTHORITY to demand ID.
The first basis is REASONABLE ARTICULABLE SUSPICION that A CRIME
Has Been Committed,
Is Being Committed
or Is About To Be Committed.
Without that, the cop is VIOLATING the Fourth Amendment of the US Constitution.
If a cop doesn’t like my tone of voice, or the way I look, he doesn’t have any more right to see my ID than he does to search my house.
The issue is called Due Process of Law.
Unless the cop had affirmative authority, backed by a law, they can’t just stop whoever they want or demand ID.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, thats were stupid turns into entertainment.

But at the same time LE needs to have thicker skin from words.

I disagree in part about the middle of the day and folks being up to no good.

Example I have been off all week. Nice relaxing week. I spent some time at the local park walking the trails. Theres a 1 mile trail and 1-1/2 mile trail. I try to walk there due to the scenery, its safer than the road and its part of my weight loss plan. I walked several days this week, mid morning, does that mean a officer could have stopped me and said its suspicious?

Its a public park, folks hang out at parks. As long as a person is there during the times allowed, most parks have curfew hours, there should not be "reason to stop" just by being there in the daytime.

Common sense needs to prevail.
There’s a big difference between being out walking the trails and sitting in a car (“car’s occupants”) in the middle of the parking lot. I don’t think anyone is going to question why people are out walking the trails during the day, and that was not what I was talking about (or at least intending to talk about).

If a couple is sitting in a car in an otherwise empty parking lot at Dirtybird during the work day, the chances are better than average that they’re up to something that they probably ought not be doing in public, if not something that’s outright illegal. I’m not saying that all, or even most, people are, but it definitely happens, and that Trooper’s reason for making initial contact was completely legit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom