Is OK a stop and ID state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to say this,

I am not anti police. I know the job they have to do and dealing with the crap of society can make you jaded, retail has done that to me.

But I will not support any officers who violate a persons rights for any reasons. I believe QI should be abolished and officers and prosecutors held accountable not a cities tax payers footing the bill.

For the most part I believe most LE perform their jobs well and are upfront and honest.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to identify yourself, as a passenger. You are not required to present an official ID.

Same walking anywhere. LEO can ask for a name (don't lie, that's another offense). You must give your name. .

You don't have to "present your papers".

Give the statute in your walking reference or stop talking nonsense you know zilch about.

I’ll eat crow if anyone produces a “must identify” statute while walking in Oklahoma with no underlying reasonable suspicion or P.C.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree there are bad cops, but there are getting to be even more pricks that could use an attitude adjustment,

And for the record, the LEO was polite and LEAVING until the guy mouthed off.
Nobody here would have mouthed off, but does a paid agent of the state with a gun get to hurt you because you hurt his feelings? Freedom is very fragile and when Trump talks about freedom at a rally you sound off here in full support. But you have to be consistent. 1st amendment is meant to protect offensive speech. I'm just trying to convince you there is a higher-level way of looking at this encounter. This isn't some little urchan pushing his luck with his daddy, this a free person watching deer and upset for being harassed. The trooper should follow the law to letter...I don't know why any conservative would dispute that?

Last edited:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Give the statute in your walking reference or stop talking nonsense you know zilch about.

I’ll eat crow if anyone produces a “must identify” statute while walking in Oklahoma with no underlying reasonable suspicion or P.C.

Ihre Papiere bitte

Just comply. You might be able to beat it in court assuming you have the substantial wherewithal to fight the state but you won't beat the ride, or the beating.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ihre Papiere bitte

Just comply. You might be able to beat it in court assuming you have the substantial wherewithal to fight the state but you won't beat the ride, or the beating.
If you don't submit (even when they are in the wrong), they will maim or kill you...and that is apparently the way many republican voters like it when it comes to the police. And the alternative is marxism because only the left pushes back, which is authoritarians complaining about authority LOL. Oh the irony. Good thing for now, most of us here would just comply and be polite...we can enjoy life as longs as we know we are a different caste when we interact with LEO's. I once went to the range with a conservative cop I have been friends with since high-school...this was during the Fallin days when open carry was up for signature. He was completely against it and when I debated him, he told me "I don't give a f*ck about the constitution...". I debated him as to why his life was more valuable than mine and he told me that "back then it was different". His point was that our society is not moral or orderly anymore and therefore we need less freedom to control it. That is EXACTLY what Ben Franklin said would eventually happen if I remember correctly? Anyway, the disconnect is that I believed that good people needed even more freedom to self-defense exactly because of what the commies have done to our society. But my buddy wasn't as politically sophisticated as me and didn't understand this angle. He was an authoritarian but wasn't self aware. He is not a democrat...THAT IS WHY WE LOSE.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. I do not agree with what the cop did, but I can understand it in a way. That said I do not agree with the little dick mouthing off either. I watched my little brother get beaten by a cop when I was a teen. Cop was wrong but what my brother did was just as bad and if I was the cop I would have lost my temper too.

As a LEO you don’t have the privilege or the leeway to “lose your temper”. Temper has no place in LE. It’s a problem. A serious one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom