Is OK a stop and ID state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, thats were stupid turns into entertainment.

But at the same time LE needs to have thicker skin from words.

I disagree in part about the middle of the day and folks being up to no good.

Example I have been off all week. Nice relaxing week. I spent some time at the local park walking the trails. Theres a 1 mile trail and 1-1/2 mile trail. I try to walk there due to the scenery, its safer than the road and its part of my weight loss plan. I walked several days this week, mid morning, does that mean a officer could have stopped me and said its suspicious?

Its a public park, folks hang out at parks. As long as a person is there during the times allowed, most parks have curfew hours, there should not be "reason to stop" just by being there in the daytime.

Common sense needs to prevail.
I would have approached the car cautiously but as a meet n greet. Sounding the siren was not necessary and not policy, especially in a park.
Granted, the trooper might not have seen the deer, but he went about this all wrong.

I overheard a highway patrol sergeant in Kansas that was assigned to the turnpike. He was talking angrily to another Kansas trooper and ordered him to "get off his damn highway!'. The trooper explained he was on a code three blood run but that didn't make any difference.

The sergeant took the blood and called another trooper from the destination which was another turnpike trooper to come down and get the blood. This order caused a delay in the blood and put another trooper and turnpike user's lives in danger because the turnpike trooper had to run code three both ways.

Yes Virginia, there are assh0les with badges.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have approached the car cautiously but as a meet n greet. Sounding the siren was not necessary and not policy, especially in a park.
Granted, the trooper might not have seen the deer, but he went about this all wrong.

I overheard a highway patrol sergeant in Kansas that was assigned to the turnpike. He was talking angrily to another Kansas trooper and ordered him to "get off his damn highway!'. The trooper explained he was on a code three blood run but that didn't make any difference.

The sergeant took the blood and called another trooper from the destination which was another turnpike trooper to come down and get the blood. This order caused a delay in the blood and put another trooper and turnpike user's lives in danger because the turnpike trooper had to run code three both ways.

Yes Virginia, there are assh0les with badges.
I agree there are bad cops, but there are getting to be even more pricks that could use an attitude adjustment,

And for the record, the LEO was polite and LEAVING until the guy mouthed off.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree there are bad cops, but there are getting to be even more pricks that could use an attitude adjustment,

And when the trooper was leaving what law did the man break by "mouthing off" that would cause the trooper to return, lights on and go hands on and write a citation for "mean words" on a window sticker and mean words that the guy said, get physical and restrain him?

No law was broken, having an opinion of someone is not a crime.

Its an exercise of the 1st amendment.

I am not saying the guy was not a prick, but mean words and mouthing off is no reason to go hands on and violate someone's rights.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Which law does that break?

Sounds like you want to issue them all blackjacks and saps to go tune up people

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No. I do not agree with what the cop did, but I can understand it in a way. That said I do not agree with the little dick mouthing off either. I watched my little brother get beaten by a cop when I was a teen. Cop was wrong but what my brother did was just as bad and if I was the cop I would have lost my temper too.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.

A suspect that there a few here that would have been happy to see Rosa Parks tasered( didn't exist at the time) and dragged off the bus because "it was the law".

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the video yet. I don’t think OK is a stop and ID state, but if pulled over a traffic infraction and the LE wants passengers info, they are technically required to provide it.
You have to identify yourself, as a passenger. You are not required to present an official ID.

Same walking anywhere. LEO can ask for a name (don't lie, that's another offense). You must give your name. .

You don't have to "present your papers".

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to identify yourself, as a passenger. You are not required to present an official ID.

Same walking anywhere. LEO can ask for a name (don't lie, that's another offense). You must give your name. .

You don't have to "present your papers".
You don’t have to give your name when a LEO asks you, just for walking down the street.

Regarding a passenger during a traffic violation, you Also don’t have to identify-unless you are suspected of a crime. But just sitting there while the driver gets a ticket, not required.

I know in Texas, you only have to identify after you are lawfully arrested, so it varies by state.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. I do not agree with what the cop did, but I can understand it in a way. That said I do not agree with the little dick mouthing off either. I watched my little brother get beaten by a cop when I was a teen. Cop was wrong but what my brother did was just as bad and if I was the cop I would have lost my temper too.

Hold up.

So you are telling us you watched your little brother get physically beaten by a officer for words( ? ) said by your brother and you are ok with that?

You are ok with your brothers constitutional rights being violated and him being physically attacked with no cause and no due process?

Thats ok with you because you can understand it?

So what exactly was it that your brother did or said that would warrant such abuse of power?

Latest posts

Top Bottom