Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks for me, and I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms. I'll be headed out to Lexington this afternoon. Mostly going to shoot some 22's because of the economics, but I'll bring a few magazines to run through the CZ Scorpion.
Hey Adam, was the range open during deer season? I thought I heard some time ago that it closed for deer but can’t recall for sure.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Adam, was the range open during deer season? I thought I heard some time ago that it closed for deer but can’t recall for sure.
I just got back from Lexington. All three ranges were open with people shooting. Not sure about when rifle season starts on Nov. 21st, but it's open right now during archery and muzzleloader.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a 25 count box of Federal 2 3/4" 4 shot heavy field load (1220 FPS) for just under 9$ at my local Walmart in Bixby and today I put some on paper. This low brass shot soft and patterned 9.5" at 21ft and 6.5" at 14ft. I`m not much one for using bird shot for HD but this load might be viable for folks worried about over penetration or those who might be recoil sensitive...When the weather clears some up I`ll test it on some water jugs and see if I can carve a pumpkin with it...

103_0221 (3).JPG

103_0228.JPG

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Federal 4 shot Game Load fired from 14ft. That's 2 layers of denim covering that first jug, it easily passed through the denim and exploded the first jug and about 8 so shot entered the second jug. Science is awesome! :)

103_0246 (2).JPG

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot some back in June I think. I just got my range mowed before it got cold. Took a couple days but got it done. I shot my Galil, Galil ACE 5.56 and my CETME L.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grand daughter and I burned up 320 rds of .22 in 16 mags today, 200 thru the 15-22 and 120 thru the TX22, the 120 rds were shot at 30 ft from low ready at 10 in plates all shots called.. She did quite well for a 13 yo girl.. The 15-22 is scoped and the scope has wind holds, she was banging the same 10 in plates @125 yds using the windhold.. Pretty good Northern wind for 40gs.. Good time with the kiddo..

Last edited:

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon at the outdoor gun range. Couple of the guys are shooting .22 because of the unavailability at a reasonable price of 9mm. We definitely don't shoot as many rounds as we used to...much more focused and intentional with our shooting.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One round of .22 short today.

View attachment 179001

First time I ever hunted around a corn feeder I was hunting a buddy's lease in Texas several years back.

I probably shouldn't tell this on myself but I was in a ground box blind about 65 yds. from the feeder, it was just barely light and absolutely graveyard quite and with me never being around one when feeders go off the noise scared the living crap out of me :)

Anyway, the feeder ran for 'X' period and within two minutes of it shutting off two of the biggest and fattest coons I've ever seen came waddling out of the mesquite and cactus and fed on the corn hot & heavy till a couple of does came in and they left.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom