Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I shot about 300 rounds yesterday. Glock Gen 5 34 & Glock 48.
The wife is deadly with her G48
Great, put up some of her target pictures, love to see them

We have quit shooting the 9mm stuff because we don't have a huge supply and kind of holding it back. But we do go once a week and shoot .22 lr. She has a S&W M&P 22 compact which is a great little shooter. She used to shoot it while I shot my Glock 19, but now that we are holding back on the 9mm, I went and bought a Glock 44 so we both just shoot 22. But she likes my Glock 19 and the Glock 44 is the exact same size so now she has started shooting the Glock 44 too. Took me a few trips to get it properly sighted in but I think now I've got it. I can put it pretty well on target out to 15 yards so I'm happy with that. I was concerned about it from what I had heard and read before I bought it, but it has not had a single misfire or FTE or FTF, and no mis-fires. I have not had the problem with first feed from the mag that I have seen lots of people on the internet saying they have had.

Also got lucky yesterday and picked up 2500 rounds of 38 grain Aguila .22 lr at 5 cents a round so that will keep us stocked up for a while anyway.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put about 800 rounds downrange at the GSSF match in Carrollton TX last weekend. Mostly top 10 finishes for me but I was off pace a few seconds. I still ended up with a few decent runs along with personal best times in two divisions. Good enough to win another Glock for my collection anyhow.

IMG_4429.jpg

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put about 800 rounds downrange at the GSSF match in Carrollton TX last weekend. Mostly top 10 finishes for me but I was off pace a few seconds. I still ended up with a few decent runs along with personal best times in two divisions. Good enough to win another Glock for my collection anyhow.

View attachment 179462
Fantastic and congratulations, are you loading your own ammo ?

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot 200 rounds of 9mm through my G34 this morning.Also shot 100 rounds through my G43X.An older man told me i will remember today as the good old days.I am afraid he is right.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's got to help with supply although I understand materials for that are kind of tight and expensive too. I feel sure you have laid in an ample supply to shoot that much.

I’m in pretty good shape for supplies for a short while. I’ve actually been able to find about everything I use. Maybe not all the time, but it pop up in stock every once in a while. I’ve been able to catch a case of bullets every few weeks at the price I’ve been paying for 3-4 years. Primers is about the only thing that has been tough. And they have only gone up about 20%.

Reloading has always allowed me to control my supply and quality better than buying factory loaded ammo. Times like these make it well worth the investment and effort.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because of the cold, then rain then ice I hadn't touched off a round in a few weeks but I went Thursday morning and ran 100 rounds of 45 ACP through my S & W 'E' Series 1911 at the 25 yd. gongs.

Trying +1.25 over the counter reading glasses for the first time to clear up my sights after cataract surgery I'm now able to see my sights clear and crisp again like I was prior to the surgery......figured I'd be a little rusty because of not shooting for a few weeks but I was hammering the 8" gong good and the 6" gong pretty regular when I took my time and concentrated on my front sight position.

S & W 1911 E Series.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the range early this morning with my 4" Ruger GP-100 .357 mag and sent 80 rounds of my 125 gr. JSP's downrange at the 25 yd. gongs and surprisingly was able to hit the 6" gong pretty regular today.......I was the only one on the range and was having a good time right up to the point that I ran out of ammo. :)

Ruger GP-100.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom