Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the range this early morning with my 4" Ruger GP-100 .357 mag and sent 80 rounds of my 125 gr. JSP's downrange at the 25 yd. gongs and surprisingly was able to hit the 6" gong pretty regular today.......I was the only one on the range and was having a good time right up to the point that I ran out of ammo. :)

View attachment 179848
Sounds like a fun time. We go shoot tomorrow and since I have been able to build up a pretty good supply of .22 lr, we will shoot a couple of hundred rounds most likely. I do miss shooting my Glock 19 but I'm just not comfortable with shooting away my 9mm ammo at the current time.

So, I just bought a Glock 44 and pretend it is a Glock 19 !

Thank you sir for your service and I too am Vietnam era vet but I did not ever have to set foot in Vietnam, for which I am eternally grateful. But I certainly recognize and respect your service to the country.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished cleaning my .357 Mag GP-100 from running 93 rounds of my 125 gr. JSP's through it this morning.

Looks like the club needs to hang some smaller 25 yd. gongs.......don't want to jinx myself but I absolutely wore the 6 incher out this morning. :)

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished cleaning my .357 Mag GP-100 from running 93 rounds of my 125 gr. JSP's through it this morning.

Looks like the club needs to hang some smaller 25 yd. gongs.......don't want to jinx myself but I absolutely wore the 6 incher out this morning. :)
Wow, that's some great shooting from 25 yards !

What length is it, and are you shooting in single or double action ? Free standing or resting ?

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that's some great shooting from 25 yards !

What length is it, and are you shooting in single or double action ? Free standing or resting ?

4".......single action........free standing.

Shooting that good this morning was probably just dumb luck and I doubt it'll ever happen again. :)

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple days ago checking the 7 Rem Mag 168gr deer load @300 yds.
20201025_211759.jpg

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took to the range my S&W 442-1 revolver that I take when I carry conceal just to get a few rounds through it.

Even better was getting to shoot a new Sig P320 XFive Legion one of the fellows I shoot with had just bought. I thought the trigger was really nice, especially after the heavier trigger pull of my revolver. Gun feels great and is accurate even with not having shot it before.

Moral of this story: Shoot with folks who have more money and are willing to spend it on nice guns...and are kind enough to let you try them!

upload_2020-11-14_15-6-18.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom