Lawn mower for RickN.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
" it sat at Lowes more than a day.. they knew it had a bad tire "

Not necessarily, especially if it was assembled out of crated stock stored in the back-room just prior to being picked-up. Or the person(s) that did the assembly might have accidentally caused the problem.

I'm not saying that this does not need to be addressed, but what I am saying is that the response needs to be proportional to the offense. I mean you aren't going to shoot someone because they accidentally stepped on your toe - so bring it to Lowe's attention, request and accept a reasonable solution, then move-on. Life is too short to risk a heart attack over something so minor.
No Threat made! Suppose to make sure they are good and ready to go meaning no problems. they get them ready way before they push them out front. at least they used to. it just speaks to the quality of work you grt nowadays! Said my piece PRAYING for your Family Rick Both my Parents Had Cancer no fun!!.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN ,
Can you please call the Lowes it was purchased, explain the situation, and ask customer service if they will swap the (1) tire?

If not, then consider options, and/or repairing your 1 week old mower.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No Threat made! Suppose to make sure they are good and ready to go meaning no problems. they get them ready way before they push them out front. at least they used to. it just speaks to the quality of work you grt nowadays! Said my piece PRAYING for your Family Rick Both my Parents Had Cancer no fun!!.
The reason I mentioned the possibility that the mower may have been assembled just prior to pick-up is because of a remark CHenry made in his post (#468):

"The Lowes website is now saying the pick up date is estimated to be the 13th for the mower and the 20th for the bagger system. Odd because dlbleak said they had 3 of these setting out front of the store..."

To me this implies that the mowers in front of the Lowe's store may have been for display only. I know that HD prefers to sell something out of their stock-room rather than one that has already been assembled (floor display) because they can then tack on an 'assembly' or 'special handling' fee.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason I mentioned the possibility that the mower may have been assembled just prior to pick-up is because of a remark CHenry made in his post (#468):

"The Lowes website is now saying the pick up date is estimated to be the 13th for the mower and the 20th for the bagger system. Odd because dlbleak said they had 3 of these setting out front of the store..."

To me this implies that the mowers in front of the Lowe's store may have been for display only.

If you look at the pics of when the mower was dropped off, you will notice dirt build upon the top of the deck. That mower sat outside, chained up for awhile.

No big deal, most all retailers do that. I do not believe that mower to have been new stock, just my opinion. Was the mower new, yes, just stored outside, not like it came in the same day it was picked up.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heres the pic I replied about.

Attachments

• ricknmower.jpeg
    ricknmower.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The back wheels are held on with a single axle bolt. I had right wrench but needed a socket. I couldn’t get the wheel off or I would have swapped it

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

To me this implies that the mowers in front of the Lowe's store may have been for display only. I know that HD prefers to sell something out of their stock-room rather than one that has already been assembled (floor display) because they can then tack on an 'assembly' or 'special handling' fee.

HD will sell off the "show room" if there are no others instock, in the front of the store. There is no stock room, what you see on the floor and in the overheads is what there is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom