Lawn mower for RickN.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked part-time at two separate HD's when I lived in Colorado Springs and in both stores there was a fairly large stockroom (where the trash compactor/bailer was located).
- The stockrooms were used primarily to store items that might be damaged if stored outside and to store more expensive and/or larger items that had a 'floor display' model available.
- I do accept that HD stores, because of weather extremes or locations, may not all have been set-up in the same way.
- Mower wise, we only had them displayed outside during the summer/fall months, and just one of each model that we routinely stocked was shown, though others could be ordered through the 'Special Order' desk.

Thats the receiving area, freight is not supposed to be stored there simply due to no space for incoming freight.

Going on 20 years with HD.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI…green slime is a joke. Gemplers online sell a tire sealer called Ultraseal that is the real deal. I use it in all my tractor, Ranger, 4 wheeler, and mower tires, and it has all but eliminated flats.
I used it for a long time in riding mowers and always had good luck.
Not saying there isnt a better product just conveying what my experience was.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I only got pissed because of the myriad of issues we had in the first place, we delivered a mower that had no key, we went back to lowes and got a key, it wouldnt start, had a dead battery, had to choose a different mower and low and behold it had a flat tire and a dead battery. We then swapped batteries and aired up the tire.
It was a fiasco the 3 stooges could not have played better.
Yes I was a tad bit frustrated.
Green slime works wonderfull and that will be best solution I think.
These issue should NOT have ever happened. I had to wait to pick it up and to me, that mower should have been properly checked out for ready to go...it was not, nor were the other 2 setting outside.

I'm a nice guy, until its time to not be nice.
Don’t forget about the twisted off seat bracket bolts on the other two. We combined three to make one. Only had to suffer with the one leaky tire.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I only got pissed because of the myriad of issues we had in the first place, we delivered a mower that had no key, we went back to lowes and got a key, it wouldnt start, had a dead battery, had to choose a different mower and low and behold it had a flat tire and a dead battery. We then swapped batteries and aired up the tire.
It was a fiasco the 3 stooges could not have played better.
Yes I was a tad bit frustrated.
Green slime works wonderfull and that will be best solution I think.
These issue should NOT have ever happened. I had to wait to pick it up and to me, that mower should have been properly checked out for ready to go...it was not, nor were the other 2 setting outside.

I'm a nice guy, until its time to not be nice.
You are a great guy, look at what you accomplished with this project.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it sat at Lowes more than a day.. they knew it had a bad tire. nobody will go the extra mile anymore is the problem!
They are being paid the minimum amount to deal with irate people day in and day out.

You worked retail in the past decade? A front facing position like a register? I have..and customer service.

I can promise you that when you get a coonsuumer that firmly has a chip on their shoulder as they enter is going to be in a tik tok now, and 9M people gonna be on the side of the worker, not the yelling old man.

Or you can go in with a solution to the issue that doesn't include raising your voice or asking for a manager.

Explain your issue, make small talk and try to get a laugh, then say....if possible I would be happy with this resolution.

9 out of 10 times that is what they do.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aww shucks...
I have been reading the entire thread from start of the whole thing. I value community is all.

See what it is about and how many will jump in.

No reason to ask for a manager like you see on tik tok videos. People are already stressed and at their breaking point.

More so in a home improvement store lol. For 9 bucks an hour and you came to me like that, I would make sure I could NEVER work there again, and hope someone made a gofundme.

Which is just what works in current year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom