Lawn mower for RickN.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reading the entire thread from start of the whole thing. I value community is all.

See what it is about and how many will jump in.

No reason to ask for a manager like you see on tik tok videos. People are already stressed and at their breaking point.

More so in a home improvement store lol. For 9 bucks an hour and you came to me like that, I would make sure I could NEVER work there again, and hope someone made a gofundme.

Which is just what works in current year.
So your being rhetorical?
I didnt raise my voice, I did kindly ask for a manager because the issues I had were in fact above the gals paygrade. He took care of us while cussing about the company they get the mowers from.
And I was nice to him, so was Darrin.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
So your being rhetorical?
I didnt raise my voice, I did kindly ask for a manager because the issues I had were in fact above the gals paygrade. He took care of us while cussing about the company they get the mowers from.
And I was nice to him, so was Darrin.
I was going off the original comment where you had enough is all I was doing.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_172012_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_172012_Chrome.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 0

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are being paid the minimum amount to deal with irate people day in and day out.

You worked retail in the past decade? A front facing position like a register? I have..and customer service.

I can promise you that when you get a coonsuumer that firmly has a chip on their shoulder as they enter is going to be in a tik tok now, and 9M people gonna be on the side of the worker, not the yelling old man.

Or you can go in with a solution to the issue that doesn't include raising your voice or asking for a manager.

Explain your issue, make small talk and try to get a laugh, then say....if possible I would be happy with this resolution.

9 out of 10 times that is what they do.
perfect explanation of what is wrong with this country.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been reading the entire thread from start of the whole thing. I value community is all.

See what it is about and how many will jump in.

No reason to ask for a manager like you see on tik tok videos. People are already stressed and at their breaking point.

More so in a home improvement store lol. For 9 bucks an hour and you came to me like that, I would make sure I could NEVER work there again, and hope someone made a gofundme.

Which is just what works in current year.
like dad always said id doesn't matter what your making you took the job. making X do your work and do it properly. man we have regressed as a society!

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like dad always said id doesn't matter what your making you took the job. making X do your work and do it properly. man we have regressed as a society!
I dont see it that way, I started at 15yo as a carhop at Sonic on expressway and council.

Making 3.50hr plus tips.

To now where I own my labor. Just started this year, over 30y later, and while I agree that it seems people care less...I belive it is that in their minds it is a question of why should someone be forced to work as hard as we did.

I mean, it is a pretty sweet idea. These places like lowes or elsewhere make billions, that goes to C suit executives.

They think their profits are excessive since they don't see the value of the top tier people. To them they just collect a check, and they never see them.

How many billion dollar CEO types you know? I knew a 450,000,000 in revenue a year one, still do.

Work is all he knows, to the point of his son overdosing and dying in the kitchen, to his wife falling asleep behind the wheel and going under a semi.

Still he was at work, doing the job. Making sure payroll was made, and bills got paid.

However his people under him, they didn't know about that, likely they still don't. And there is the problem, people attach emotion to their profession and think fairness is part of what they work for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom