Looper belts: How is yours holding up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a new belt and want to support a local business. So if you all could tell me how your Looper belt has held up over the months/years/decades/eons, I'd appreciate it (especially with regards to everyday carrying).

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Kydex lined belt that Dan Looper made for me a couple of years before he died. It's still holding my pants up. I've don't carry everyday, but when I have, there has been no problems.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They last me about 8 months before the belt has stretched to where the Kydex needs to be punched again because a quarter a hole is covered by the stretched leather. (Would be nice if they just did one long cut on the Kydex part.)

But - I wear my belts tight, and always seem to find myself between holes on any belt, even when my weight fluctuates.

That said, I've had 5.11 and Crossbreed belts, too. Overall, the Looper holds up much longer. I carry a KaBar TDI, and the belt clip pulls out the stitches on the 5.11 and completely strips the finish on the Crossbreed within a couple of months. The Looper has a few stitches come loose and some scratches on the finish.

I usually buy another Looper every 6 months just because I prefer a "showable" finish for the rare occasion that I actually tuck my shirt in.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've had mine for 5 years, plus or minus. The finish is worn, but not any more so than any other shiny brown belt would be if you wore it every day and didn't take any special precautions with it.

I have a new 5.11 black belt for when I dress up, but the Looper gets worn every day. The kydex liner is cracking up inside the belt I think, but it still carries well. Haven't carried OWB much recently with it though.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had mine about a year and love it. Other than finish wear still looks performs like new. I edc a crossbreed super tuck with a full size 1911 mostly sometimes I also wear an owb bikini style holster with same 1911 no problems and once "broke in" they are an extremely comfortable belt. Will defiantly buy another if I ever wear this one out.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bullhide lined belt that I picked up 5 years or so back. still looks new. Kydex has cracked where the buckle goes. other than that no complaints. The one I'm wearing today is going on 6+ years. Cracked kydex and some scratches from taking mag pouches on and off. Still holding up pants and gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom