Marcus Smart Shoves Texas Tech Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They just covered this on the News9 Sports Blitz. Their report said that Tech says they couldn't find anyone who confirmed the use of "the N-word." John, who does the radio call for OSU, said that he did not hear the fan say anything (they were on the other end of the court), but he did hear Smart tell one of the OSU coaches that the fan had used the "N-word" when he (Smart) came back to the bench.

I don't doubt that Smart thought he heard it, although I do doubt that it was said, but that's irrelevant--he should've kept his head, and his team is going to pay the price because he didn't.

FWIW, the fan has reportedly agreed not to attend any further Tech games this season, either at home or on the road.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right because Smart has a history of having a cool head. Any less biased links? The vid doesn't really match up to the N word. Seems all the major networks would be ALL over this if there was some validity. Initial reports, especially sports news, has a history of being less than accurate to say the least.

There is direct audio from the camera that got knocked over during the play with corroborates that the fan called him a "piece of crap". No racial slurs can be heard. I'm sure even this won't convince Mr. BleedOrange.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tqqJ_h7ak

OKTribalCop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't tell me that this doesn't happen all the time, fans say all kinds of **** to the other team. Look at the OU/OSU game with the snowballs. Just because the guy calls you a piece of crap you can't go all Metta World Peace on the guy. I think Smart made the racial slur to make the guy look bad and make it look like he was justified in some way, that’s just my opinion.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
meh....who really cares? A street thug shoved a middle aged dude for running his mouth. If you don't want to smacked around by a much younger and stronger athlete, keep your trap shut.

Smart should not have been expected to apologize.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
meh....who really cares? A street thug shoved a middle aged dude for running his mouth. If you don't want to smacked around by a much younger and stronger athlete, keep your trap shut.

Almost took the words out of my mouth. Thug reacting to a douche bag. Although, I believe apologies were needed from both parties, but I don't believe either one was sincere. - OSU Alumni

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I told my wife the same thing last night. I'm tired of hearing about it. He reacted off emotions. Like my kids do when there being crybabys.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard a bit of the press conference. Ford was saying how he knew how good a heart Smart has and all that touchy feely BS. Hey Ford! His true character and composure was on full display and you are too blind to see it.

You also fail in yet another of your many ways if you don't teach this kid the control he needs to not let an old washed up ******* get under his skin and do something that will cost him dearly later. It was mentioned earlier the abuse that Blake Griffin took. Not only was it verbal, but physical and blatantly obvious in a lot of cases and I never saw him come close to anything like this. I honestly don't know how he did it. Maybe he had a clue? Ford is a joke of a coach...

Latest posts

Top Bottom