Medical Bag: Do you have one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several, from a Thomas Aeromed kit down to some IFAKs. If you have some training, a trauma kit is useful. As a shooter, I keep a GSW kit in my range gear. I always have some med gear nearby.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shy away from qwik clot granules, they need to be irritated out of the wound. Celox powder or celox A would be better, and some impregnated gauze would be better still. Combat sponges are good for large open wounds, but suck for packing in GSW/ penetrating trauma. For bandages I like the olaes much better than the Israeli/ emergency trauma dressing. I FAR prefer the SOFT-T tourniquet over the CAT. The SOFT is simpler and has a metal windlass opposed to the plastic on the CAT. You'll want an occlusive dressing for open chest/neck wounds. Lots of z pack gauze, kerlix/ cling, 6X6's/sponges, Ace bandages etc. Super glue works well, but I find it's better if you put steri strips over it.

I have a few different kits. It all depends on your need, as form follows function. For my fighting kits I have mostly blowout kits. 2ea flat rolls of duct tape wrapped around them. 1 ea 4 inch Olaes bandage (contains occlusive dressing and z-pack gauze), hemostatic agent and an additional z-pack gauze. Some kits have 3 1/2" 14 ga angiocath for needle decompressions and cricothiroidectomy's. Eta I forgot to list nasal airway and tourniquet.

My home kit has misc wound care items, the stuff I listed above, dermabond (medical glue) steri-strips, sutures nasal and oral airways, tourniquets, benadryl & pepsid for allergic reactions, epipens etc.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Carry a fully loaded EMT/O2 bag everyday. Don't overlook maxi pads as an excellent cheap effective way to attempt to stop a large bleed, short of a tourny. Great for head lacerations.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shy away from qwik clot granules, they need to be irritated out of the wound. Celox powder or celox A would be better, and some impregnated gauze would be better still. Combat sponges are good for large open wounds, but suck for packing in GSW/ penetrating trauma. For bandages I like the olaes much better than the Israeli/ emergency trauma dressing. I FAR prefer the SOFT-T tourniquet over the CAT. The SOFT is simpler and has a metal windlass opposed to the plastic on the CAT. You'll want an occlusive dressing for open chest/neck wounds. Lots of z pack gauze, kerlix/ cling, 6X6's/sponges, Ace bandages etc. Super glue works well, but I find it's better if you put steri strips over it.

I have a few different kits. It all depends on your need, as form follows function. For my fighting kits I have mostly blowout kits. 2ea flat rolls of duct tape wrapped around them. 1 ea 4 inch Olaes bandage (contains occlusive dressing and z-pack gauze), hemostatic agent and an additional z-pack gauze. Some kits have 3 1/2" 14 ga angiocath for needle decompressions and cricothiroidectomy's. Eta I forgot to list nasal airway and tourniquet.

My home kit has misc wound care items, the stuff I listed above, dermabond (medical glue) steri-strips, sutures nasal and oral airways, tourniquets, benadryl & pepsid for allergic reactions, epipens etc.

Where do you get Epipens without a prescription?

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
la police gear has a bail out bag 19.99 with 15% discount today . 3 colors use code y13. listed as bailoutbag as item #. i ordered several and put together emergency/ first aid kits for family

Latest posts

Top Bottom