Medical Bag: Do you have one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Duct tape & tampons. I'm not going to even try to list it all, but my kit even includes IV kits. Body needs fluids quick if you bleed a lot. If no IV available the rectum is a fast way to rehydrate someone also...

And I thought the threads on the top of a water bottle was to hold the cap on.......................

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where I work I have free access to our FD med room. I have built blow out kits for all the cars and personal blow out kits for all the officers. They are simple and quick.

personal: ABD pads, CAT and ace bandage
Car kits: ABD pads 4x4 pads rolled gauze coban CAT Saline in small tubes.

I have much more extensive kits at my house and personal gear. I have to worry about a wife and three kids who are pretty accident prone. lol

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have botha homemade personal trauma kit that I keep in a Maxpedition I carry every day. I also have a full GI med kit I purchased and then added a few things to that I keep in my truck. The GI has everything a Medic would need in just about any situation. I keep it in the truck in case I come upon a wreck that EMSA hasn't responded to yet. It has everything you could possibly need except saline bags. Thought about adding some just incase a nurse or off duty medic were to stop and could use it in a situation. this is my GI kit from amazon. Added about $100 worth of other stuff to it like splint, CAT, isreali bandages, Celox, ect..

swatie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of bandaids--lots and lots; ace bandages for twisted ankles (expect lots of walking/running), lots of betadine and neosporing for dressing wounds, topical steroidal ointments (hydrocortisone), topical benadryl, scissors, larger dressings.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The discussion of medical marijuana on the General Forums reminds me of a discussion with someone a while ago - including medicinal plants in one's crops. There's lots of good information about the benefits of various herbs and extracting essential oils, etc., but I haven't seen much discussion on actual medicinal plants. Besides marijuana, though, interesting thoughts are raised about the raising of poppies for opium production, for instance. And just exactly how is penicillin made from mold?

Anyway .. a bit off subject from the medical bag and if this needs to be moved to another thread, by all means.

I was working in Egypt a long time ago and we got in a shipment of watermelon that totally reamed out everyone on board, even the locals. The medic went through the supplies of clay anti-diarrheals in record time with no effects, and the ship's captain finally unlocked his safe and began distributing his stash of Paragoric (opium-based something or other). The **** was the most bitter stuff I've ever tasted but it immediately plugged everyone up. (These were pre-Imodium days)

The point here, gentle readers, is that situations like this need to be a part of contingency planning, I think.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a bag just for medical purposes, has any one started to build one? Putting essiantials in it needed to deal with minor wounds. When I mean minor I include anything that won't require major surgery. I figur if its that bad probably not going to make it. What you got in yours?

I carry a marine ifak , purchased off ebay.
A second first aid kit i got at academy, added good scissors, tweezers, two high out put pen lights, four light sticks Two israeli bandages, good sharp folding knife.
This is always in my truck.

Belthos

Latest posts

Top Bottom