Money Orders to buy from Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunGuy1981

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey gentlemen, I have an ongoing story to tell you boys! I signed up on this forum for this purpose only. On Sunday 1/13, an Armslist ad popped up in Wisconsin for a FNH SCAR-H for $2400. I am live in Oshkosh, WI. It was the first available ad under Wisconsin AL and I emailed him immediately I'd take it. On Monday 1/14, the SCAR ad was changed to Oklahoma. He responded he was moving to Duncan, OK from Milwaukee and he can ship it to a FFL in my neck of the woods. His email address is "[email protected]", he also cc'd to another acct "[email protected]." I requested a phone # and won't give it to me. He also claims to be busy playing ARMY. So today I googled his email address and added "scam" after and www.okshooters.com came up. So, as of today, our email has stopped at me requesting his address to send my "check" too. Hopefully the story continues because I WANT TO SEND HIM A BOX OF MY DOG'S ****, SPRING LOADED!!

GunGuy1981

New to the site!
Reaction score
The sad news is I have a friend stationed at Fort Sill in Lawton, OK which is 30 miles away from Duncan. He would of represented me. He also did a check on this Rodney Stephens guy and he doesn't exist.

xzevenx

New to the site!
Reaction score
I actually found out about this guy Rodney Stephens when I was looking to buy a Springfield M1a and he advertised that he had one for sale. He of course posted about money orders and how I could send the money to him and he would send the rifle to the FFL dealer of my choosing. After I told him I dont send money orders to people I dont know he posted a picture of "himself" so I did some web surfing and came across yalls forum (yes I am from Texas). I appreciate you guys posting this information up it allowed me to easily ID him as a scammer and so now I am doing my due diligence and contacting the FBI online division.

This is a copy of one of the emails he sent me.

Marcus, i understand your concern about trying to protect yourself. I'm a military man, Pls find attached scanned copy of my Geneva ID and pictures so you know the person you are dealing with. I cannot do anything funny, i sworn to protect and serve the country, why would i destroy it just because i want to sell my firearm, The USPS Money order is backed by the government, the bank will have transaction history for it and also you are sending to my mailing address, there is no way i can hide from my identity, if i try to do anything funny...i'll have to deal with the ATF and FBI because of the firearm and post office involved, i can never try to do anything bad, so you have nothing to worry about. You can send the USPS Money order at the post office by Express mail, so when i receive the mail, i'll ship to your FFL dealer.

Thanks,
Rodney.

BTW the current email he is using right now I believe is still ipraytogodman(at)live.com

the address to file a complaint with the FBI is https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx

Cormac827

New to the site!
Reaction score
He tries pulling the same exact scan with me, same email.

I may have found some more info- not sure it is same guy but:

Rodney D. Stephen: 20, of 324 Appling Lane in Bolingbrook, was arrested by sheriff’s police and booked into the county jail Wednesday on a charge of narcotics possession.

------------------------

He has a ksg 12 listed for 1650 I think. My antenna went up immediately and word for word his response was the same as posted.

It was nice seeing the goofy pictures of a military man, and in the photos the name tags are mysteriously blurry .

It looks like a mechanics garag/junkyarde, or trailer park when I google map it.

I reported to the Internet crime site.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This ought to make you 100% positive...

http://www.armslist.com/posts/404645/colorado-services-for-sale--scam-warning

Just wanted to post that there is a guy posting scams in the Colorado Armslist classifieds. He had an HK USC up yesterday for about half of what one of those goes for. After looking into it more, he claimed he was actually located in California, and was selling it because he ran into money problems. But if I sent him a check, he would send the rifle. As proof of his "honesty", he sent a copy of his obviously fake military ID. Please watch out for this individual and all scams like it.

He is using the e-mail address "bulletproof007(at)gmail.com"

Worth repeating to bump the information up. No doubt that any ad even similar to this is a scam and ripoff attempt. Buyers beware.

soreshoulder

New to the site!
Reaction score
And just because I didn't see an answer to the question... No, a military ID looks similar, but different than what he provided.

I'm an admin on the Carolina Shooters Club site. I found this post when googling the email address [email protected]

The individual is trying to register on my site with the username Veus. His IP traces back to Nigeria, so please avoid this guy at all costs!

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd call the police on the nearest military base and provide them with the info and pics this guy sent. I used to know a few AF OSI guys that did investigations on fraud and impersonations.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would be the point of this? This must be over my head, does breaking $2,000 make it a higher penalty felony or something?
If its under 2000 a teller might not be alarmed and put a hold on it. Plus if you western union under 3k don't don't need a physical address. I've caught two of these checks that customers have deposited in their account.
They were being paid for work for a job they haven't started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom