Most difficult decision of building an AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got my stripped upper, BCG, charging handle and carbine length gas tube. I've got a 16" barrel on backorder. I went with 16" so I wouldn't have to pin the compensator, suppressor, etc. in case I felt like changing it at some point. I'm looking at getting an adjustable gas block and trying to decide between the BattleComp or the SJC Titan compensator. I am wanting a free float handguard, but there are just so many to choose from it's making it pretty difficult. I think I am wanting a "slick" handguard, but want rails at least on the top. I also want one that won't look funny because I'm going with a low-pro gas block and not a front sight gas block.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks alot. You just made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.:spitlaugh

True story, I did this about a month after starting a job once. My boss made a big deal about me ruining the keyboard on the R&D laptop. After sheepishly calling the IT guy in to replace it, he told me that my boss had done the exact same thing when he was new.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks alot. You just made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.:spitlaugh

So, that's why the coffee pot was empty this morning. I never got my 2nd cup.

To the OP. Optics/sights are always my hardest decision. I did go back and forth a few times on the butt stock for my spr build until I picked up an ACS from one of the local FGST members. Good luck with your build.

Latest posts

Top Bottom