No OC in my church

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would venture a guess that you have been carrying concealed prior to now. While it is easy to make a case to carry in church, the mode of carry, open or concealed, is a call that the church leaders can make. I don't see any way possible to make a case, using the Bible, to try to force the church to allow open carry. God's law is higher than man's law, so if you feel the need to change churches over this issue, you are putting man's law above God's law. The position at my church relating to carry is that "we would prefer that you didn't". Not a prohibition, and the doors are not posted. I have been happily carrying for many years, and plan to keep on carrying, concealed. Other places in and around town, it is moslty open carry.
Just curious - which church is it?
Luke.22.36

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Luke.22.36
I am assuming that since you did not say anything else, you think that scripture reference supports open carry. While it is the most direct reference in support of carry, there are many others scriptures that are not so direct. The point I am making is that carry is easy to support. Whether that carry is open or concealed, is a call the church leaders can make. If you think the Bible supports open carry over concealed, make your case. I would love to be proven wrong on this.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am assuming that since you did not say anything else, you think that scripture reference supports open carry. While it is the most direct reference in support of carry, there are many others scriptures that are not so direct. The point I am making is that carry is easy to support. Whether that carry is open or concealed, is a call the church leaders can make. If you think the Bible supports open carry over concealed, make your case. I would love to be proven wrong on this.
You got me the only other argument I would have after this is that they usually did not conceal carry in Bible times unless you were a criminal.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would venture a guess that you have been carrying concealed prior to now. While it is easy to make a case to carry in church, the mode of carry, open or concealed, is a call that the church leaders can make. I don't see any way possible to make a case, using the Bible, to try to force the church to allow open carry. God's law is higher than man's law, so if you feel the need to change churches over this issue, you are putting man's law above God's law. The position at my church relating to carry is that "we would prefer that you didn't". Not a prohibition, and the doors are not posted. I have been happily carrying for many years, and plan to keep on carrying, concealed. Other places in and around town, it is moslty open carry.
Just curious - which church is it?

This....

This discussion hinges on either you: 1) don't attend a church. if that's the case, no need to inject into this thread. 2) you do attend, but not a disciple. if that's the case, you'll move to another church, one that allows for open carry, or you'll just quit going. lastly 3) you do attend and you attend every sunday you can, you give to the church with your service, your presence, your gifts and your prayers. if this is the case, then you will likely see that the decision (however goofy) was put in place by the folks that you are trying to help (by being a member of the church) further the Kingdom. Basically you just gotta figure out which line you are standing in.....

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got me the only other argument I would have after this is that they usually did not conceal carry in Bible times unless you were a criminal.
Which brings up an interesting question - Exactly when in history did criminals, or anyone for that matter, start concealing weapons for everyday carry?

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This....

This discussion hinges on either you: 1) don't attend a church. if that's the case, no need to inject into this thread. 2) you do attend, but not a disciple. if that's the case, you'll move to another church, one that allows for open carry, or you'll just quit going. lastly 3) you do attend and you attend every sunday you can, you give to the church with your service, your presence, your gifts and your prayers. if this is the case, then you will likely see that the decision (however goofy) was put in place by the folks that you are trying to help (by being a member of the church) further the Kingdom. Basically you just gotta figure out which line you are standing in.....

Trying to figure out if this is directed at me or the OP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom