No OC in my church

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalkerBulldog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see no issue with no OC in a church, as that's a place of worship and you're gathering with people from different walks of life and opinions, and don't want politics and personal feelings to distract from the teachings.

Not sure how I'd react to no CC, but I don't carry at the moment, and there are other more important factors to me choosing a church. However, I certainly wouldn't feel as safe as a church that did allow it, and all things being equal, would prefer it.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our church has no problem with CC. They actually have a couple of classes a year for the members to get their CCL. BUT..we also try to not be the center of attention while attending church. This is a time for each one to worship God and for God to deal with each person attending. We don't do anything to bring the attention to us and away from God. I'm betting packing heat would in some way bring attention to the person carrying. Personally not for me..

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of us that have our permits at my church. I was told last Sunday that our Pastor has stated no OC but doesn't have a problem with us CCing. Hopefully he'll change his mind, though.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My church posted no OC signs. I don't mind because there are a lot of uneducated people out there that are distracted or made uncomfortable by the sight of a gun. I don't want to do anything that would distract from someone else's worship as a matter of courtesy. I'm one of those people that does not intend open carry unless I'm in the field so it's not like this forces me to make any personal changes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom