No OC in my church

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not the churchgoing type, but I would be hesitant to do anything that would distract from another's worship of God in His house. That is my personal opinion. I would conceal in church. But I would not restrict others to do what their conscience tells them is OK. That exact mindset is most of why I don't go to church. Not slamming anyone, just that's how I feel personally.

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not judging... Just pointing out the book, and writings within, were intended to teach... Not be thrown around like some sort of quasi-analytical weapon for one to power posture on. The source of faith probably shouldn't be used to prove anything.
I agree. I don't think anyone intended to use the Word like that. I think in the context of a Bible believing, church going follower of Christ some of the things going on in churches don't jive with the reality of the Bible. A lot of God's word is not used in the proper context or it's misunderstood altogether.

okwarren

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quite interesting to see how this thread turned out. I personally don't intend to open carry anyway and it's a big church so i imagine it was decided that way because some insensitive types might get upset that there are guns in a church.

I've heard unconfirmed stories of pastors in other states who stash pistols underneath their pulpits, but i don't have a source so take it for what its worth.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry every time I go to church. I would sooner be caught out in public unarmed than at church. My church has no official stance on CC as far as I know. I don't think I'll probably OC there unless I see others doing so. But if they saw fit to openly ban CC, I most likely would not attend anymore.

You can say this is because I lack conviction in my faith if you wish, but I prefer to think that if a church group is so far out of touch with my personal feelings on the matter, it's unlikely to be a place I would continue to feel comfortable participating and supporting. Churches change... the leadership, the direction, the membership... doesn't mean they're wrong, just wouldn't be the place for me any longer, I don't think.

No hard feelings, but I'd find a place more in line with my personal beliefs.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see where a church would not want open carry and have absolutely no problem with that.. but I definitely conceal carry at church. I do note that some of the disciples carried swords. If I remember right, at one point Jesus even told them to buy a sword if they didn't own one. They probably carried them under their robes when at the synagogues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom