Not REALLY a rifle but......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I built it with some help from a great friend, I hope it shoots as well as the others we have built BUT this one is going to be interesting as I have no place for good cheek weld :-) I'll get some better pics up and a little about what into this headache when I get home.

Fella's thanks for the kind words! Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok broke out the good camera and snapped a few more pictures this evening.

I'm running a 20" McGowen 1-9 twist SS barrel, Muscle break, WoTac 4.5-14x50mm scope, SSS trigger, some goodies from Stockade Gunstocks chambered in 7WSM but I still need to run the thorating reamer to get my COL where I want it to be. Here's some pics

Left is a 7WSM, center 308, left 223
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_015.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_010_3.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_006_3.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_011_2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_014_1.jpg

yep sorry the loading bench is a mess! Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about ear plugs AND muffs! might take the vid camera when I go shoot just because, I can promise you the first coupe of times it goes off there will be very little form about it! until I know what it's going to do I'll just be sending rounds down the range LOL have to admit it's got me a little intemidated. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got out to the range today with my new toy and boy talk about fun! well after the first shot anyway! I was thrilled about the lack of recoil but not too happy with the velocities I got, these are the first loads so I'm sure I have a little room to play but I just went with what the book said and all I had for powder at the time I loaded these was Retumbo it's pretty slow so might need to step it up in the burnrate a little for the short barrel.

First time out ever with ANYTHING like this and I'll have to say I was pretty pleased with the groups! they started out in the 2" @ 100 yards and the more I got used to the pistol 90% would be an inch and I had 1 that was well under an inch :hyper:

The recoil was not bad at all but the muzzle blast was pretty fierce or I was told by the guys a couple of tables down LOL I was going to let one of them shoot it but he just couldn't make himself pull the trigger! said it just don't feel right shook his head and got up, I was really hoping he would shoot it so I could see the muzzle blast from the break. Oh well everything went good enough I guess I'm going to have to come up with a name for her. Later,

Kirk

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm hear to tell everyone Kirk is not crazy or dumb.
I had the pleasure of shooting this little hand cannon today.
Not only is it beautiful, it flat shoots.
First four rounds out of a cold barrel with cold fingers hit the plate at excess of 400 yards.
Very sweet trigger on this gun also.
Recoil.....what a joke. It was nothing.
Easy to shoot and deadly accurate.
Thanks again Kirk for the pleasure of shooting this fine little plinker.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a problem! glad to let someone else shoot the thing that way when I say things about the pistol I have back-up to the truth :woohoo1: I don't think you would argue that it is a touch on the loud side?

That first shot at the 425 yard plate was the first time I have shot this over 100 yards and a first round hit cold bore was AWESOME! I fianlly got down to the 8" plates but couldn't make a hit on the 3" plate :blah:

Well had a good trip and got to talk with Old Fart and Ken for awhile, since I moved back to Okc I've not had many chances to get out and visit and shoot Kens steel but I think I made up for it a little today. Got some good load data and after Old Fart left pretty much had the range to myself. It turned out to be a wonderful day with the weather and glad I got out to burn a little powder. Later,

Kirk

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you would argue that it is a touch on the loud side?

Loud?
That's an understatement.
A bazooka would sound like a squek next to that thing.:ooh2:

Was a pretty day. I wish I could have spent some more time out there with you bro. Maybe next time. Anyway thanks again, it was a pleasure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom