Obama will start working on gun control.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Outgoing Press Sec Robert Gibbs made a statement on TV yesterday that he thought Obama would address gun control on some level soon.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I wouldn't rule out that at some point the president talks about the issues surrounding gun violence ... I don't have a timetable or, obviously, what he would say."
Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
Not exactly "gun control" or "soon" for that matter ....

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a newsweek story that came out today, Obama said that our gun laws have been too loose for much longer than the last few weeks. You can guarantee he will try something stupid like banning all assault-looking guns. Gun sales skyrocketed when he was elected, and have not slowed down. I know I bought some since. This is going to make them jump even more.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The story specifically mentions assault rifles that the Tuscon shooter had in his possession. It also specifically mentions gun sales that are made without any background checks- that would certainly effect the classifieds on OSA.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you "toughen" "existing laws"? You make them tougher, i.e., you make them "control" more.

What's so hard to understand about that? I've never heard him say anything that would lead me to believe he would do anything else if he got the chance.

I firmly believe he has laid off "gun control" so far because he knows it could be a land mine. Right now, he may think he has nothing to lose by chipping away at the edges.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ed zachary. Most likely, anything he tries will die in the house, just as the measure to kill obamacare died in the senate. We are gridlocked. Until we get rid of Pelosi and her cronies, that may be a good thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom