OC a 'non-event' so far!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, OC was a total 'non-event' tonight in my neck of the woods. I was in Walmart tonight doing my shopping just before midnight. I usually go about this time so I can walk without having to maneuverer around a lot of kids or crowds with shopping carts. Tonight was a little bit busy because it is the 1st and the food stamp crowd was in the store.

Anyway, at midnight I tossed the concealment vest into my basket and aired out the G23 in its Blackhawk holster. No one screamed or fainted. Women didn't grab their kids & run. One of the assistant managers I know pretty well came over and finally got to see the G23 w/ laser. He knew I carried one.. but had never seen one with a laser. He thought it was great that some of his regular customers would be carrying open in addition to concealed. His thought was that if the crap ever hit the fan inside the store, someone carrying just might save his butt.

I stood in line to check out.. there were no wild eyed looks... or comments. In my prowling around the store, I didn't notice anyone else OCing.

About 2:30am after the bar crowd was out of the local 24 hour resturant.. I went down for a early breakfast. Talked with the waiter & cashier.. and several customers... OC was a 'non-event' there as well. So long as the weapon stays in the holster and the hand off the gun... they weren't gonna be concerned. If someone kept fiddling with their OC weapon, that would make them nervous. Probably will end up being a case-by-case issue. If the management isn't comfortable with someone OCing, then they will ask that individual to leave or put their weapon in their vehicle.

It was such a non-event that I almost wanted my permit money back. I had my portable police scanner with me... and there was not one single call about a MWAG or a mention in the radio chatter that OC had started. It was just another day of the week to everyone including the local police. I sure hope it stays that way. The way people seemed to be accepting OC so calmly...I was surprised.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been carrying my G23 in my Bianchi holster all morning and have yet to scare anyone. I, too, am doing it wrong. Heck, I don't even think anyone but my kids noticed it was on the outside of my waistband.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped at the OnCue in Edmond on my way to work like I always do. Non-issue. The LEO I walked past either didn't notice or didn't care.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped in QT in Glenpool this morning (like every other morning) thinking that I'll get to see an OC'er. Not one anywhere. Oh well,... got my coffee and went to work. I don't plan to OC unless I'm camping but I have no problem with anyone who wishes to OC.

Maybe at lunch !!

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom