OC a 'non-event' so far!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Let's hope that this incident (which by the way is about a stone's throw from my house) wasn't because some stupid kid thought 'woohoo! Open Carry!' without having a license.

http://www.newson6.com/story/19972751/tulsa-police-man-arrested-after-firing-handgun-near-bar-chase

To be clear I'm not against OC. But hope this doesn't get spun like this was what happened until the real story can be found out.

What about that article said anything related to OC?

Really, I'm curious why you would attach that to OC?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont tell me you unholstered it to show him?

Don't be silly. CT laser for a G23 attaches to the grip w/ the laser beam projecting down the right side of the slide.. and the activation button is on the back of the grip where the web of the hand makes contact. With a Blackhawk Serpa 2 holster..only part of the gun that inserts into the holster is the front half from the ejection port / trigger guard forward to the tip of barrel.

At the barber shop this morning, it was just the barber, a customer in the chair & me waiting. They saw the LCP in a leather thumb break belt holster that I was wearing. My barber is a guy about my age who likes guns and we'd been discussing OC for over a year. We got to discussing how this was the first day of OC. The guy in the chair showed me his little 5 shot .22 mag and the barber showed the customer his .22 LR derringer. They were both glad that OC had finally arrived.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC'd through an Edmond Wal-Mart before work and either no one noticed, or they didn't care. I haven't seen anyone else open carrying either, but I really wasn't out in public much today.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC'd through an Edmond Wal-Mart before work and either no one noticed, or they didn't care. I haven't seen anyone else open carrying either, but I really wasn't out in public much today.

I went by the OnCue on Broadway, Walgreens, and Arbys. Not a thing. At my bank the security guard didn't realize my holster was empty and thought I had carried into the bank. Ended up having a pleasant conversation with him about the new law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom