OC a 'non-event' so far!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I am reading on here, ya'll seem disappointed that no one noticed or commented on your open carrying...lol!!!

In my observations, most people are so self absorbed that they wouldn't notice an elephant walking by much less a person discrietly carry a handgun on their hip. Now if you were to strut around like a peacock with your hand on the butt of the gun, you might get a little more attention...lol!

Seriously, I am very glad to hear that it has been a "non event" so far.

locknload

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, yesterday morning, I did my shopping. Went to Sam's, went to one of my local Wal-mart stores,
& went to Reasors. I didn't see one pistola out in the open, other than mine. Not one. I had my Springfield Champion Loaded .45
in my crossdraw holster.

I suppose in the near future, more people will venture out of the closet, as it were.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I am reading on here, ya'll seem disappointed that no one noticed or commented on your open carrying...lol!!!

In my observations, most people are so self absorbed that they wouldn't notice an elephant walking by much less a person discrietly carry a handgun on their hip. Now if you were to strut around like a peacock with your hand on the butt of the gun, you might get a little more attention...lol!

Seriously, I am very glad to hear that it has been a "non event" so far.

The point of our comments is to use mild sarcasm in order to show anyone reading the forum who is on the fence about "Open Carry" ....that the anti-gun / anti-open carry crowd had been crying & moaning that there would be old West style gunfights & blood running from curb to curb [just like they did when concealed carry first passed.... when the truth is now being shown to be that it was / is a non-event.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point of our comments is to use mild sarcasm in order to show anyone reading the forum who is on the fence about "Open Carry" ....that the anti-gun / anti-open carry crowd had been crying & moaning that there would be old West style gunfights & blood running from curb to curb [just like they did when concealed carry first passed.... when the truth is now being shown to be that it was / is a non-event.
Well posted Dave I just wish antis would do some research before writing there doom and gloom. It is not that hard to research other OC states and to see it has not been an issue for them.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was at the local Wally World market waiting for my wife and daughter. Had a lady on the phone walk past me and say " you look ready". I just flashed her a friendly smile she then turned her attentions back to her phone call and said " oh a man with a gun ".

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was at the local Wally World market waiting for my wife and daughter. Had a lady on the phone walk past me and say " you look ready". I just flashed her a friendly smile she then turned her attentions back to her phone call and said " oh a man with a gun ".

LOL love that last part.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was in town (Ardmore) yesterday and today. Went to Lowes, Walmart, Taco Bell, Aldi's, gas station and a few other minor stops and never saw one weapon. Mine was covered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom