OC a 'non-event' so far!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was at the local Wally World market waiting for my wife and daughter. Had a lady on the phone walk past me and say " you look ready". I just flashed her a friendly smile she then turned her attentions back to her phone call and said " oh a man with a gun ".

Boy, I think she liked the cant of your leather. Good on you for not responding in kind.

bottlecap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone been alittle worried to open carry? As in what people might say or do? I'm gonna try this open carry business today but I have a feeling I will be paranoid like I was when I first started to CC.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone been alittle worried to open carry? As in what people might say or do? I'm gonna try this open carry business today but I have a feeling I will be paranoid like I was when I first started to CC.

The overwhelming majority of people will either not notice or not care. I will say that you're probably going to be more aware of your pistol if you start open carrying. Overall, I really wouldn't worry about it too much, just stay alert.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to ihop for breakfast. The waiter noticed half way through helping us and acted a little neurvose. I just acted overly nice and had the best service i ever had. Then to target. Had a couple of glances. My wife was buying a camera at the electronics counter...as i come walking up he is telling my wife (who asked if he had seen anyone yet oc) he is telling her it is "rude" and that people would flash it if they had a problem...i just smiled, informed him a little..he did not notice until i was walking away..ha! Then to lowes..it was pretty busy..i got a few smiles..a couple stares..i checked my fly...then i hear an employee behind the paint counter anounce "he has a pistol" the other employee replied "i know"..i just smiled and walked on. Then to michaels....then to hancock fabric..i did untuck my shirt due to little old ladys..then to crest..half in half out..a couple of glances...a friendly stocker in a harley t shirt..and finaly home. Coming out of the closet is nice.....carry on.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of Monday morning, the 5th of November,,,
I still haven't seen one person carrying openly.

I've been to Wal Mart thrice,,,
Several convenience stores and mini-malls,,,
Even went to Lowe's and spent an hour shopping for stuff.

I don't OC so I can't even comment on the being noticed aspect,,,
I find it very amusing that this is (or is not) occurring now.

Aarond

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm predicting that Assaults and Purse Snatchings at the shopping malls will be down this holiday season. I wonder if the News Media will interview law enforcement and ask for an analysis.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm predicting that Assaults and Purse Snatchings at the shopping malls will be down this holiday season. I wonder if the News Media will interview law enforcement and ask for an analysis.

They will probably be up at those locations since most malls are posted gun free zones. However those attacks will be down at places like Wal-Mart and Target.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a funny OC experience this morning at Walmart. I had stopped to write out a check using the top of a box in a main isle display. I was wearing my G23 in a Blackhawk holster, blue jeans and a T-shirt. This frail looking lady in her 70's came down a isle facing me on my gun side... stopped, looked at my gun and then asked, "Do you work here?' I politely said no but that I'd certainly help her if I could. She was looking for some wooden clothes pins and said she had been directed all over the store and it was wearing her out. About that time a friend of mine who does work there came by and I got him to help her.

It was funny, she didn't faint, or run screaming that there was man with a gun... she felt safe enough that she thought I was a store security officer or employee of some kind... even dressed the way I was. So much for the anti gun crowd's panic in the street theory.

This is how I was dressed and even seeing the gun she wasn't a bit uneasy about asking me for help. Thankfully, I have a sweet kind face that ladies just love. :D

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j474/David2U2011/100_1818.jpg

A short time later, a guy my friend knows came up and asked him if he had seen anyone OCing yet. He replied 'Just Dave here.' The guy looked at my G23 and shook my hand... he was happy to have finally seen someone OCing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom