OC a 'non-event' so far!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been a week now,,,
And I have seen only one person open carrying.

On the darker side though,,,
I have seen no less that 6 establishments post the Gun-Buster sign.

Unfortunately they are all places I like to shop at.

I've composed a very calm and polite letter,,,
I have sent it to all of the establishments urging them to reconsider.

I have received one reply stating that concealed carry is okay,,,
They simply don't want open carry in their stores.

My question is this,,,
How was I supposed to know that,,,
The gun-buster sign is pretty specific and all inclusive.

I conceal carry,,,
But I had to let these business' know I'm no longer a welcome customer.

Shame too,,,
I'm gonna miss those breakfast burritos.

Aarond

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It has been a week now,,,
And I have seen only one person open carrying.

On the darker side though,,,
I have seen no less that 6 establishments post the Gun-Buster sign.

Unfortunately they are all places I like to shop at.

I've composed a very calm and polite letter,,,
I have sent it to all of the establishments urging them to reconsider.

I have received one reply stating that concealed carry is okay,,,
They simply don't want open carry in their stores.

My question is this,,,
How was I supposed to know that,,,
The gun-buster sign is pretty specific and all inclusive.

I conceal carry,,,
But I had to let these business' know I'm no longer a welcome customer.

Shame too,,,
I'm gonna miss those breakfast burritos.

Aarond

The McDonalds in Newcastle posted a sign too. I like to get coffee there from time to time.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a week for me also and I have not seen one open carry - course, I avoid Walmart. I have seen signs go up.

nandb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone OC either. For businesses that put up signs, it may be a benefit to ask a manager if they understand what their signs mean. Do they understand that they can restrict open carry without restricting concealed carry? Makes a big difference if I will patron the store or not.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw my first OC'er today. I was at lunch with three co-workers at Osaka on 81st in Tulsa/BA. We were nearly finished when an older gentleman (I'd guess around early 60s) came in carrying a Smith 1911. Beautiful gun. I didn't bother him but know he could tell I noticed. Our conversation at the table switched to guns pretty quickly.

Staff and other patrons either didn't seem to notice, or didn't really react to it. Pretty uneventful other than I thought the gun was a beaut.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any new gun buster signs go up. Haven't heard it said publicly.. but I think most of the businesses in my area are taking their cue from Walmart. Walmart has dealt with OC in all the other states where it is available without major issues and isn't turning away paying customers here in Oklahoma.. so the other area businesses aren't turning OC'ers away either.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was having lunch today at the local Western Sizzlin. As I went to sit down at a table next to a booth, I asked the woman [who appeared to be in her late 50's] sitting in the booth if my chair was OK.. that I didn't want to crowd her from being able to get in & out without any problem. She said it would be just fine... then laughed.. saying what else would I say, your wearing a gun.

I was wearing a G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa 2 holster. I then heard her tell the man & woman across the booth from her that she thought the new law was terrible and that she was afraid of guns. Her friends told her they weren't the least bit concerned and liked the law. That was when I leaned back in my chair and told her I was just a big teddy bear and she didn't have anything to worry about. I explained that the only difference was that now people with a permit could carry a weapon openly without a thin piece of material like a shirt or vest over their weapon... but they still had to undergo and pass a background check by the local police & sheriff's office, the OSBI and the FBI before they could carry.

She was very surprised... she thought everyone could carry a handgun by buying a simple license just like buying a hunting or fishing license. In the end, she felt a lot better about open carry knowing that people had to pass the background checks... and couldn't have ever been convicted of a felony... many misdemeanors nor under any VPO.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These signs are only encouraging thieves IMO. A gun free establishment is easy pickings.
Any convenience store is doing a disservice to their employees, especially because they are high risk for holdups. They should do like some stores in Texas do and post signs that welcome gun owners

Latest posts

Top Bottom