OG&E issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon, about 12 houses in the neighborhood lost power for about 3 hours. Lost power again about 2 am and the estimated repair is 11am. In Moore just off Eastern. Just one side of the street. Houses behind us have power and the houses across the street have power.
Going to be an interesting summer for sure if we are having issues this early.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happens fairly regularly in my neighborhood. Everybody will have power except our side of the street. It's weird. But it's been going on for the better part of 25 years. I will say that it seemed to be better last summer after OG&E started aggressively trimming back the old growth trees around here.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This happens fairly regularly in my neighborhood. Everybody will have power except our side of the street. It's weird. But it's been going on for the better part of 25 years. I will say that it seemed to be better last summer after OG&E started aggressively trimming back the old growth trees around here.
most of the time that is the issue - people gripe about the tree trimming and when their power is out they gripe about that -- If you have a particular issue for your street/etc call and report that - sometimes it is something else but if you have overhead lines it is most likely trees

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our side of the street has us and 1 other house. Across the alley, has 2 houses and a church.

The only trees are my neighbors. We had power outages on a weekly basis.

One day, neighbors were gone, I was at the back, trimming low limbs obstructing my mowing. Tree crew came down alley, asked if they trim?
Trim hell? Cut that where I'm not losing power.
One of the guys told me, "that old lady tells us "no, you're cutting my shade."
It was a month before they noticed and we rarely lose power, now.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a portable generator after Icemageddon (2007?) and haven't used it for more than an hour at a time since.
Lol that's how it ALWAYS goes around here. I was joking with the electrician that once he got the Generac hooked up I would probably NEVER hear it kick on because our power would never go out again. And I could have used that money for my outdoor kitchen. 🤐

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@KOPBET @THAT Gurl

Hahahaha! Same Same bought a generator and the electric is seldom off long enough to fire it up.

The one good thing about this highway widening project is the entire road will be less than a few years old utility wise. They widened the highway in town a few years ago and now are putting brand new poles and lines all the way down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom