Oklahoma Bills Introducted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iRIGHTi

Marksman
Reaction score
Another bill of interest include making veterans and active duty military personnel eligible for a lifetime CCW license. Here is a list of HB's to watch: 1463, 1470, 1547, 1553, 1647, 1652, 1653, 1690, 1788, 1838, 1913, 1915, 2087 and 2162. These all impact gun owner rights one way or another.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another bill of interest include making veterans and active duty military personnel eligible for a lifetime CCW license. Here is a list of HB's to watch: 1463, 1470, 1547, 1553, 1647, 1652, 1653, 1690, 1788, 1838, 1913, 1915, 2087 and 2162. These all impact gun owner rights one way or another.

My issue with lifetime is that it begins creating a significant difference between the licensing requirements of other states, which leads to states dropping reciprocity. If you read the reciprocity agreements other states have written the language tends use some form similarity in licensing requirements as the basis for reciprocity.

One of the reasons We are not reciprocal with Nevada is that we have a 10yr permit option, which moved us too far outside of similarity in licensing requirements for them to honor our permit even though we honor theirs.

This may not concern some if they do not travel, but we like to vacation out of state a couple of times each year and have friends in other states we go visit and right now it's nice to be able travel with reciprocity.

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to see elementary schools removed from the list of prohibited places. It's hassle when I pick up my child.

As long as you are just dropping off/picking up a student, and remain in the vehicle, you can carry on school property with a CCL.

C. Firearms and weapons are allowed on school property and deemed not in violation of subsection A of this
section as follows:
1. A gun or knife designed for hunting or fishing purposes kept in a privately owned vehicle and
properly displayed or stored as required by law, or a handgun carried in a vehicle pursuant to a valid
handgun license authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, provided such vehicle containing
said gun or knife is driven onto school property only to transport a student to and from school and
such vehicle does not remain unattended on school property;

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You veggie did you see who authored HB1796 the referendum bill? Maybe Tibbs is on board with us this year after all.

WOW! I didn't even notice that. Who knows what she is thinking here, but hopefully she will let the other bills out of committee easily. Otherwise, she should let her own legislation out and put it to a vote. But it wouldn't be until the Nov 2012 elections, and not be effective until January 2013.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet that is what Tibbs is thinking. This way she can tell gun owners she put a bill through and tell the gun haters that she set it up for failure. I hope she withdraws it.

Doesn't matter what the crone tells gun owners or the antis. As Veggie has pointed out she's term limited.

Can't happen soon enough for me.

Wes Kenney

Marksman
Reaction score
I ran into my senator today at the post office, and he told me he's on board for open carry by SDA permit holders, and will vote for it. He voted for the open carry bill last time, but against the override. FWIW.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent thread with good discussions; I love this Forum! I just wanted to let you all know about a excellent program that you can download on a Android Phone, and I'm not sure if you can get it on a computer or not, but it is called, "Congress", by Sunlight Labs (free), do a search for it on the Market on your Cell Phone. It is a must-have for anybody wanted to be kept abreast of any bills introduced and keeping track of them. It does so many other things too, like keeping track of "Tweets" by your Representatives. You can do searches for bills and laws and what their status is. It has a Notification feature so that when a bill is introduced, and other options you selected, you get an email letting you know. It also makes it easier to contact Government Officials. I love this program and just thought it was fitting to share with all my friends in this thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom