Oklahoma Rifle Association ORA opposes open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If by: "create an atmosphere of hostility" he means: "force those who are irrationally afraid of firearms and the people who carry them to face and then rethink their ideas about people and firearms in general"...

Then yes, that's exactly what we want.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently the ORA does not know what is in sb129. I also think a lot of people on this forum don't either.
all this nonsense about open carrying of rifles and shotguns is already law. title 21 o.so section 1289.6
page 24 of your sda book. all sb 129 does is ad a paragraph about open carry of handguns and strike a couple lines about concealed carry. everything else in the section remains the same.

the underlined items are being added and the strike thrus are being deleted. everything else in the wording is "already" current law.

OldCurlyWolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent an email to Scott stating that his statement was DELIBERATE SABOTAGE and that the members of ORA should not only remove him from office but also remove his name from the membership rolls.

I suggest we contact as many Oklahoma citizens as possible to email him with similar sentiments.

What say you all?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just sent an email to Scott stating that his statement was DELIBERATE SABOTAGE and that the members of ORA should not only remove him from office but also remove his name from the membership rolls.

I suggest we contact as many Oklahoma citizens as possible to email him with similar sentiments.

What say you all?

Just sent my email to him, the VP, and Ex. Director. They weren't much interested hearing what I had to say a couple of years ago. I doubt their attitude has changed. Second year I haven't renewed my membership.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be a lot easier for the folks at OSA and Boomer Shooter to take over the ORA if we just "did it". They have 2 open board seats... and if we all joined up we could be a big voting block.

Activism, boys... we are a "special interest group" any way you slice it.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im gonna try this again.... the guys on this forum usually argue about whether its day or night outside , heck, half the people here think open carry is a bad idea because they personally do not believe in it.....

How about these guys , a group or organization that seems to be already in place for what you guys are wanting??? I know nothing about them, I would think someone here does

http://ok2a.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/ora-betrays-gun-owners/

Latest posts

Top Bottom