Oklahoma Rifle Association ORA opposes open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to their website and look at their mission statement(what they do).
No longer mentions anything about 2nd amendment at all. HMMMM!
In section "about the ORA" they only list shooters rights at the end of a sentence.
Protecting the 2nd amendment and Okla gun owners rights should be on first line in caps.

tagillespie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im gonna try this again.... the guys on this forum usually argue about whether its day or night outside , heck, half the people here think open carry is a bad idea because they personally do not believe in it.....

How about these guys , a group or organization that seems to be already in place for what you guys are wanting??? I know nothing about them, I would think someone here does

http://ok2a.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/ora-betrays-gun-owners/

waltham41, I am the director of OK2A. If you have any questions about us, feel free to call or email me anytime. (918) 844-4243 or [email protected]

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be a lot easier for the folks at OSA and Boomer Shooter to take over the ORA if we just "did it". They have 2 open board seats... and if we all joined up we could be a big voting block.

Activism, boys... we are a "special interest group" any way you slice it.

I second this takeover idea. How many members do they have and how many members vote?

All in favor say "Aye."

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe how dumb the ORA people are. If open carry caused so much distress and fear then why do 43 states allow it in some form? It is sad when even Commifornia has some form of open carry and we don't.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second this takeover idea. How many members do they have and how many members vote?

All in favor say "Aye."

Surely we have at least one disgruntled ORA member on here who can dig up the stats on current membership and voting. The only way I'd ever join the ORA again would be in a full press campaign to overthrow the current leadership and remold it into an actual 2nd Amendment rights organization. That would be far better than forming a new organization while this dusty old relic is still out there sabotaging gun rights efforts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom