Oklahoma Senate panel approves open-carry bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoorayebay

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find it funny that many states that are much more liberal and hippie-ish than us have less-strict carry laws than Oklahoma, the reddest state in Republicania, and the world hasn't ended in those states yet.

You people that think law greatly influences behavior are cute. Very few people are going to start open carrying in public, even if it becomes legal. You people that think it would be widespread are goofier than the people that think ending drug prohibition would cause everyone to become addicts. Turn off the 5 o'clock news and step into reality, kids.

Even if you oppose open carry, it's objectively stupid to imply everyone is going to carry a gun in public just because they can. Social norms influence human behavior way more than law does, Cochise.

Excellent! Very well put.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are still taking it completely out of context. You can't tell me there won't be people lined up to get a concealed weapon license JUST so they can wear their brand new 1911 to the mall. Come one man, get real. Think BIG PICTURE here...

Well, HELL! Of course they will - because we all know that Okies are less responsible, dumber, crazier and more violent than the citizens of states like VA, AZ, NH, VT, AK etc where there are already and have been for years fewer restrictions on OC than there will be in OK assuming the proposed laws pass.

That was sarcasm in case those sarcastically challenged didn't get it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reddog is the exception to the rule. :D

And even reddog is not a John Wayne type. He's just a lovable lolbertarian that wants to buy his cheeseburger in peace. He means you no harm.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but I don't feel the need to attack you as a person because you have a different opinion as I do.

See, I haven't really stated my opinion on open carry. All I said was that it's objectively silly to think open carry will be a big deal and assume that a noticeable number of people will go strap on a gun and start walking the streets just to look tough. The vast majority of the population outside the current CCW crowd wouldn't even notice if open carry becomes legal. Heck, the vast majority of the population in Oklahoma probably couldn't tell you if concealed carry is legal or how to go about getting licensed. Only gun nerds care about guns.

Life will go on as usual. You might see a hunter with a gun at a rural gas station, or you might get in line behind a nerd that is open-carrying at the grocery store a couple times a year. And most of the nerds will get bored with it shortly and give it up. Not really earth-shattering stuff.

Why not? You attacked every stinkin' other person in Oklahoma, whats so special about RH?

I have the prettiest blue eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom