Open carry mistake..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the Article said:
According to the victim, two men approached him from behind as he was walking across a street. One man then demanded his gun as the other grabbed it from the holster on his hip and pushed him to the ground.

Open carry mistake - - - or why you need to carry a backup.

Woody

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unbelievably rare instances. Also many factors including poor situational awareness. Doesn't deter me.

This and some simple practice.

Just do your normal draw grip and leave firearm in holster and press down. Someone from behind will have hell getting the leverage to get that out of a holster while you reach across with weak hand and stick your index finder in their eye socket and "pull the trigger". They will not only let go, but will run like a *****.

Doesn't deter or bother me either. I'm asking the founder of VA Open Carry, Ed Levine, what he thinks. Doubt it bothers or deters him either.

Last edited:

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liken clownshoes **** like this to the HGL holder who shoots down a fleeing prankster in the middle of the street: His derp doesn't make gun ownership or self defense invalid any more than this impugns open carry out of hand. Doesn't matter how you or I feel about it, in the long run. What matters is the dangerous liberty we enjoy as Americans and the fact that personal responsibility always has to have a front seat when it comes to guns, as with all things in life.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I open carry some in the summer time but not that much. Even when I cc I still have strong awareness about my surroundings. Apparently this person doesn't check their surroundings. Yes Things can still happen but it is a rarity. I will still carry open whenever I want.

UncleBigToe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always got the long stares and avoiding me crowd when I open carried my glock....every since I switched to my Ruger single action now it's like I'm running for town marshal when I head to WallyWorld....dam kids asking me for suckers like I'm a mascot.....of course I gavem some off the shelf,,,,surely their parents will pay forem?:angry3:

918.555.neck-neckbeards anonymous hotline

Latest posts

Top Bottom