Open Carry OK HB1414

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I understand just passing along, but my primary source for legislative issues is Oklahoma Legislature Homepage where you can see the status and text of measures, including proposed committee amendments. In addition, I check the calendars of each house at the end of the day. Both houses and the LSB keep their stuff updated rather quickly.

The reason the House has to consider it again is because the open carry and judge/DA carry is an amendment that was made in the Senate. The original version dealt with permit holders' privacy.

As others have said, it's HB3354. See sources above if you want a truly reliable source without all the politicking that goes on when you ask politicians and lobbyists.

After all, Sen. Lerblance said in his Tulsa World interview that the bill would allow open carry into bars. He obviously didn't read what he voted against. Those types of politicians should go home.

I hope I don't come across as having a rude attitude. If I do, its because I am upset at all the misinformation that gets spread around with the best of intentions.

what he said, I just don't type so fast

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Comments in red....
As others have said, it's HB3354. See sources above if you want a truly reliable source without all the politicking that goes on when you ask politicians and lobbyists.
I understand. But I know one of the ORA board members on a 1st name basis and the other one a little bit too. I've never known them to go off "half cocked". They know a whole lot of people at the capital and I trust that something did in fact happen. I wish I would have had more time with them to get the detail. Tomorrow might be interesting.
After all, Sen. Lerblance said in his Tulsa World interview that the bill would allow open carry into bars. He obviously didn't read what he voted against. Those types of politicians should go home.
Wholeheartedly agreed.

I hope I don't come across as having a rude attitude. If I do, its because I am upset at all the misinformation that gets spread around with the best of intentions.
See below.

what he said, I just don't type so fast
See below.

No harm no foul.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that the bill passed the senate, but i am still waiting to hear a reliable source say that this bill is on the governors desk.

As the Senate amended a bill it HAS to go back to the house to be passed as amended before going to the Govs desk.

To all of you jumping up and claiming its on his desk, where are you hearing this? Can you back it up? Not calling anyone out on this, just doing my homework.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that the bill passed the senate, but i am still waiting to hear a reliable source say that this bill is on the governors desk.

As the Senate amended a bill it HAS to go back to the house to be passed as amended before going to the Govs desk.

To all of you jumping up and claiming its on his desk, where are you hearing this? Can you back it up? Not calling anyone out on this, just doing my homework.

I believe that some of it might stem from Rep. Ritze's statement that it passed the House after a bit of parliamentary procedure. He might have been meaning to infer that it stands an overwhelming chance of passing the House with little issue, or he may have been referring to the other firearm bill that passed and was misunderstood. I didn't hear it, and I don't know where to find a transcript and feel like its a non-issue and not worth expending some GoogleFu on.

I know some people think "OH, an "HB" passed the Senate, so it's passed both houses" and don't make the connection that if a bill from one house is amended in the other then it has to repass the former. That is very understandable, considering the lack of instruction we have in schools about how our government works.

I'm the type that likes to find the source of the "source." That's why I don't mean to discount the ORA board member that shadowrider referenced, but to me no source is trusted unless it is really the source. In the case of the legislative process, we have some excellent resources available online.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LSB says that the bill is engrossed in the house as of today, in other words the official bill has been drafted and returned to the house for the house to read and consider it. It now goes through the same Reading process it originally did before it was sent to the senate because it was ammended.

Because it has section specific language in it there is no need for it to go to comittee, read that as Sue Tibbs can't hold it in committee and screw us again, she is currently upset about the senate ammendments and threw a small tantrum because she had a bill she wanted to introduce and now will not be doing so, I don't expect to see her vote for this.

Tibbs is out at the next election, and I need to work on getting rid of Crain since he is my state Senator and made such an uninformed and inflamatory statement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom