Open Carry OK HB1414

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd740

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The two guys I talked to are personally against this thing passing and they have at least one pretty compelling reason and probably more. One of their fears is that the amount of places and businesses that are posted and have no weapons policies will drastically increase. Another is that this might actually make us lose the SDA law altogether because the number of arrests for carrying in a posted place will go through the roof. (I'm thinking that there may now be legislated penalties for carrying in a private place of business that's posted, though I can't confirm that now as I've not read this 77 page bill).

Many states have simply a permit to carry and they do not have these problems.

Also, the version that the house originally voted on did not include open carry so it will need to be debated/voted on there before it can go to the governor.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give me a reliable source. The only reliable source I have says that the Senate amended version has NOT even been on the floor of the House yet, and will not be until after Monday. Monday is the earliest that the bill can be considered by the House, and it did not make the calendar.

Just passing along what I heard today.

Not the one I read that passed the Senate.

Did the house change it?

The one that passed the Senate adds "or unconcealed" to nearly every instance of "concealed" and defines "unconcealed" as in a holster, scabbard, or case designed for carrying firearms.

This is pretty much what I understood.
See comments in red. Again I'm just passing along what I heard. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many states have simply a permit to carry and they do not have these problems.

Also, the version that the house originally voted on did not include open carry so it will need to be debated/voted on there before it can go to the governor.

I was under the impression that all of this had just occurred. And very recently I might add.

Edit to add: It may be HB3354, but I still can't find that it's on the gov's desk...

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So with all the excitement and people confusing one bill with another, does anyone have reliable info on this?

Has the house reviewed the bill already? is HB1414 on the gov's desk already!?

I would assume that the house has NOT reviewed the amended bill yet, and that it is on hold until they do so.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have conflicting views on this. The shall not be infringed upon thing keeps coming to my head. I believe it should be more like Arizona law. The state doesnt have the right to tax us to defend ourselves but we do it so we dont go to jail. I believe it should be like it was before the cwp. I believe there should be a safety class for those untrained and then after that, thats it ....JMTC.....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to read the bill, I really don't care what the NRA and ORA think. We should take what we can get.
You're right in that I should read it, but I was finding the status a little more interesting. And it's good to know where you stand. :thumb:
I think everyone should pull your head out on this, HB3354 read the bill email and call your reps and Governor

Head's pulled out now. I guess I will beg forgiveness for posting in this thread instead of the other thread? :bowdown:
/sarcasm

It's attitude just like this that makes me hesitant to post anything of a serious nature anymore, even just a heads-up such as this.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You're right in that I should read it, but I was finding the status a little more interesting. And it's good to know where you stand. :thumb:

Head's pulled out now. I guess I will beg forgiveness for posting in this thread instead of the other thread? :bowdown:
/sarcasm

It's attitude just like this that makes me hesitant to post anything of a serious nature anymore, even just a heads-up such as this.

No problem, part of something is better than all of nothing

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See comments in red. Again I'm just passing along what I heard. Keep your eyes and ears open.

I understand just passing along, but my primary source for legislative issues is Oklahoma Legislature Homepage where you can see the status and text of measures, including proposed committee amendments. In addition, I check the calendars of each house at the end of the day. Both houses and the LSB keep their stuff updated rather quickly.

The reason the House has to consider it again is because the open carry and judge/DA carry is an amendment that was made in the Senate. The original version dealt with permit holders' privacy.

So with all the excitement and people confusing one bill with another, does anyone have reliable info on this?

Has the house reviewed the bill already? is HB1414 on the gov's desk already!?

I would assume that the house has NOT reviewed the amended bill yet, and that it is on hold until they do so.

As others have said, it's HB3354. See sources above if you want a truly reliable source without all the politicking that goes on when you ask politicians and lobbyists.

After all, Sen. Lerblance said in his Tulsa World interview that the bill would allow open carry into bars. He obviously didn't read what he voted against. Those types of politicians should go home.

/sarcasm

I hope I don't come across as having a rude attitude. If I do, its because I am upset at all the misinformation that gets spread around with the best of intentions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom