Opinion: Best Duck Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Duck Gun?

• Winchester SX3

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Remington 11-87

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Mossberg 935

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 31 73.8%

• Total voters

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Superblack eagle.

Ditto.

Although I'm pretty partial to my 20 Gauge O/U Baikal I bought when I was 15. Its now 8 years old and has take pheasant, duck, dove, and quail no problem. I bought it at a gun show before they were all about screwing you so I got a decent deal on it. There's definitely something satisfying when you get your limit with an O/U 20 gauge.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm a Benelli and a Remington guy. Got a mossberg 500 thats my brush gun. I'll take him if I don't know the area at all cuz I'm not gonna cry if I ruin him.

I'm a pump guy, so my main vote is gonna go toward the Benelli SuperNova. Pretty much the same price as the nova but lighter with less recoil lets me stay out longer. Their autos are great too. Might be cheesy, but if they're good enough for the Duck Commander crew, I'll use em :)

Whatever you choose, I'd recommend picking up a modified and improved choke for it, and possibly sticking to a 28" barrel.

Welcome to the addiction!

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to buy one of those at the gunshow a while back, but the seller and I couldn't agree on the price. Thats a neat gun that would kick the crap out of the shooter. Right up my alley.

Actually, if you find the right one, it's not that bad of a kicker. A friend had one like I described with a 30" barrel. That thing could reach out there and touch 'em. And it was pretty heavy. I think he said over 9 lbs. My Mossberg 500 pump with 3" shells kicked harder.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
870...with a 26" usually fitted with Mod but often IC. Then in the spring the original 20" goes back on. I also use a Benelli Nova 20ga with a 26" and 3" loads. I previously owned two Franchi I-12 with 26" and put alot of ducks and geese in the freezer with as well. Then I realized I didnt need an extra $700 dollar shotgun to waterfowl hunt with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom