Please OSA, tell me I misunderstood the news! Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kills me is the absurd notion that .gov funding is supposed to be done in an "all or nothing" fashion. These bullsh$t Omnibus budgets and CRs of late have everyone believing that is how Congress was meant to fund the government. Big fat packages like that just give everyone a pass and allow them avoid responsibility.

I say stick with normal order of business; let every Congressional committee submit their budget for passage independently. Every function of our government should have to fight and lobby for funding...not just belly up to the pork filled Omnibus platter.

That is the way it is suppose to happen.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's what I thought. So you're the one who didn't have a point.

I'll try not to use big words so try to follow along, it was never in danger. The republicans never tried to get rid of it. Your original comment is dumb because there is no basis for it other than you apparently feel the need to argue as a liberal for the sake of it with no concern for facts. For people like you it doesn't matter what the republicans do because they are not democrats. Here's a fact for you, in the house dems overwhelmingly voted against the bill to fund WIC. They were willing to gamble with your precious entitlement to make a point even though the republicans was simply handing it over. If the roles were reversed you'd probably have a heart attack, but I bet you'll have some lame argument supporting it since it's the dems.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news Duke.
The HoR passed a bill today that says the 800,000 federal workers idled will be payed in full for their time off once this is all over

Got to suck for the essential workers that had to report for duty tho, as well as the private contractors who are out of a job.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I drove from Sapulpa to Denver today I listened to CSPAN radio for most of the way. I listened to ten resolutions presented that kept things like WIC and FEMA and other helpful programs going to help people while the fight in DC is going on. The Dems railed against every one because they want all or nothing. They were willing to bet against food stamps for pregnant women and their babies because it was convenient to their position despite in the past saying that they were the only party to care about poor people. Am I the only person who thinks that these people are absolute scum?
Mock Outrage^^^^
It's the best kind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom