Please OSA, tell me I misunderstood the news! Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good news Duke.
The HoR passed a bill today that says the 800,000 federal workers idled will be payed in full for their time off once this is all over

Got to suck for the essential workers that had to report for duty tho, as well as the private contractors who are out of a job.

That's dogshit. If I don't work, I don't get paid. Screw them. Get paid for doing nothing.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good news Duke.
The HoR passed a bill today that says the 800,000 federal workers idled will be payed in full for their time off once this is all over

Got to suck for the essential workers that had to report for duty tho, as well as the private contractors who are out of a job.

Yeah I heard em do it. I'm not a fan of that one. No one cares when I get laid off.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good news Duke.

Better news, Obama supported them passing it!!!! You guys notice that the Dems are going along with taking care of the military and paying the laid off workers, but nothing for the public?

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Better news, Obama supported them passing it!!!! You guys notice that the Dems are going along with taking care of the military and paying the laid off workers, but nothing for the public?

How could they declare martial law without the military?! And most federal workers are likely dems anyway.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope an AP piece before the vote was taken. The Senate is going to approve it to probably Monday when they get back.
Rick, the Democrats have gone along with all these B.S. "mini bills"
That's why I can't figure out the phoney, blubbering, boo-hoo about WIC and the children.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, the Democrats have gone along with all these B.S. "mini bills"
That's why I can't figure out the phoney, blubbering, boo-hoo about WIC and the children.

Wrong again Iggy. The Dems are fighting them every step of the way. The Dem controlled Senate (Dingy Harry and company) refuses to vote on most of them and Obama says he will veto them. The only small funding bills passed by the Senate so far is the one for the military right before the slimdown went into effect. The WH has also backed the one for back pay and the Senate is expected to pass it, but that is it.

As for the WIC one, it was not brought to a vote in the Senate along with all the others that help anyone but government types, and if they are somehow passed by the Senate Obama says he will veto them. All the while the Dems and their media lap dogs will be crying about how the shutdown is hurting poor people.

EDIT: Almost forgot, only 22 House Dems voted to pass the WIC bill.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the WIC one, it was not brought to a vote in the Senate along with all the others that help anyone but government types, and if they are somehow passed by the Senate Obama says he will veto them. All the while the Dems and their media lap dogs will be crying about how the shutdown is hurting poor people.
Wic has enough money for another month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom