Please OSA, tell me I misunderstood the news! Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except the Dems did not allow discussion and compromise at that time, remember? They rammed it down every ones throats by bypassing the normal processes.

Rammed it down? LOL. It passed the same way any bill is passed. How does a bill become a law?
A law you don't like was RAMMED down. You crack me up man.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Duke, you're confused. The time for discussion and compromise was BEFORE the Affordable Care Act was passed. There is nothing the least bit mysterious about this process.

That may have been true had Obama not rewritten the law three time to help his friends which is illegal for the president to do. Oh yeah, the law was sold on a bunch of lies. None of the promises made in favor of Obamacare have proven to be true with the exception, possibly, of the preexisting condition issue. So they lied to pass the law, and refuse to abide by it themselves.
Yet another one of your arguments that doesn't hold water.
If Obamacare is the law of the land then why won't the dems implement it in its original form? By the way that's what the republicans are asking. Full government funding if they apply it to everyone, including themselves, in the same way. But no, that's not acceptable. What about the year delay for businesses and unions? Why shouldn't we get that too? No, just their buddies.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may have been true had Obama not rewritten the law three time to help his friends which is illegal for the president to do. Oh yeah, the law was sold on a bunch of lies. None of the promises made in favor of Obamacare have proven to be true with the exception, possibly, of the preexisting condition issue. So they lied to pass the law, and refuse to abide by it themselves.
Yet another one of your arguments that doesn't hold water.
If Obamacare is the law of the land then why won't the dems implement it in its original form? By the way that's what the republicans are asking. Full government funding if they apply it to everyone, including themselves, in the same way. But no, that's not acceptable. What about the year delay for businesses and unions? Why shouldn't we get that too? No, just their buddies.
I don't even know what to do with this. "They lied to pass a law"?
Did they really? If they did, is that a really unusual unprecedented situation? "Obama rewrote the bill three times which is against the law" LOL

We'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out. Till then, any port in a storm. Any unusual argument about WIC and Food Stamps that we would have never made before. Anything. We're making it up as we go along.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iggy, do you support the exemption given to congress from obamacare?

The simple fact that the senate and president reject obamacare for themselves is proof positive this is bad legislation. Why do you defend it with such tenacity? Are you in fact a member or former member of congress?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Byron, the impression I get (true or false) is that congress already has coverage, and they're free to keep the coverage they already have just like you and I are. And yeah, it's pretty high end coverage.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rammed it down? LOL. It passed the same way any bill is passed. How does a bill become a law?
A law you don't like was RAMMED down. You crack me up man.

You really do not keep up do you? They used so many tricks and bypassed so many normal procedures that the way it was passed should have been what was brought before the Supreme Court but some RINOs think it will be cool to use the same tricks in the future on the Dems. Seriously dude Google it.

Here is a starter for you. The important part is most of the way down.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/03/27/scrapping-obamacare-should-be-a-constitu

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really do not keep up do you? They used so many tricks and bypassed so many normal procedures that the way it was passed should have been what was brought before the Supreme Court but some RINOs think it will be cool to use the same tricks in the future on the Dems. Seriously dude Google it.

Here is a starter for you. The important part is most of the way down.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/03/27/scrapping-obamacare-should-be-a-constitu

Did everybody in congress get to vote on it? I'm pretty sure they did,Rick.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Byron, the impression I get (true or false) is that congress already has coverage, and they're free to keep the coverage they already have just like you and I are. And yeah, it's pretty high end coverage.

They are now supposed to get coverage under the Obamacare rules but with a subsidy paid for by taxpayers. The House has voted to strip that subsidy and the Senate says no.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't even know what to do with this. "They lied to pass a law"?
Did they really? If they did, is that a really unusual unprecedented situation? "Obama rewrote the bill three times which is against the law" LOL

We'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out. Till then, any port in a storm. Any unusual argument about WIC and Food Stamps that we would have never made before. Anything. We're making it up as we go along.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
The delay for a year for business=change
Exemption for the government=change
I actually don't remember the third one for some reason. I didn't say rewrite.
The president DOES not have the authority to make or change laws, his job is to enforce them.

Lies:
Obamacare will cost 800 billion, it's really gonna cost over two trillion =lie
People will not lose their current plans, people are already losing them=lie
Obamacare will cause premiums to reduce by$2500 per year, they're gonna INCREASE at least that much= lie
Those are the top three and they were told to us over and over.
Dude, you have yet to present a valid factual argument.

Latest posts

Top Bottom