Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot this guy this evening. 250 yrds with a .270. Dropped like a stone. Time to see if I can get a doe with my .40 S&W competition pistol now. Looks like we are harvesting some nice bucks and does. Congrats everyone.

i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG_1379.jpg

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
opening morning at 10:30 am, 55 yards, 150gr hornady superformance 308. Dropped him where he stood. Shot him in the spine/neck and it shot the hell out of all that meat but still yielded me a good bit of meat.

i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_Hunting_202012_CIMG1105.jpg

HELL of a exit huh
i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_Hunting_202012_CIMG1112.jpg

I would have let him walk since he is just a small 8 but he had a horrible limp and probably wouldnt last the winter so hes in the freezer now :mean:

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used 150 grain Hornady sst, in .308 and it left 2 huge exit holes. I mean major holes. The last 2deer I've shot I used the same ammo and had great results

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, here is my little nubbin buck. Thought he was a doe. I used my A4gery and winchester PDX-1 .223 60grn hollowpoint. That was the first bullet fired from this gun since new. I didnt intend to use it either but Mr. Murphy tried real hard to do me dirty saturday morning. But thats another story.
i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1419.jpg

i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1417.jpg

I hit him a little bit far back for my liking but he was quartering away from me.

i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1418.jpg

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have let him walk since he is just a small 8 but he had a horrible limp and probably wouldnt last the winter so hes in the freezer now :mean:

Good call on taking that buck. I'd much rather go from a quick spine shot than waste away into coyote bait. Lot of nice bucks being harvested! I'm with you on the .308 sst. Mine was quartering away, that 150 gr. sst destroyed the heart and lungs.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice deer everone, congrats to Mrs. fishfurlife on the first deer and great buck! When photobucket decides to cooperate, i'll post mine from saturday afternoon.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a few discouraging hours of sitting in a very windy tower stand, I was about to give up hope. About 5:15 he came out by him self. It was so windy that he couldn't hear me upwind bleating to stop him. I passed on him for much of his journey to the other side of the pasture but after a little more consideration, I felt like this was a buck worth taking and my little boy needs jerky! I shot and heard the impact but he didn't act hit in the slightest. He ran another 100 yards to the timber and I saw a great cloud of sand that gave me hope. After looking around (I am the worlds worst blood tracker) I saw were he went into the dark woods. I was thinking he might have been missed until I saw his white belly facing me, dead. I hit him high and in the back of his lung, what I would have thought as an instant kill. It was a nice way to break in the suppressor!

This wasn't the big one that I had been really hunting but maybe I will get him another day. One other note, I took him with a hand loaded 168g Nosler Ballistic Tip made by me. That is really one of the most rewarding aspects of the hunt, personally.

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom