Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntnfishn24/7

Marksman
Reaction score
Lots of good bucks in here, but I will have to show a pic of a shaggy head I shot tonight! Unfortunately there wasn't a drop in his tracks for him. I hit him a little far back with the muzzleloader as he was running off. I went in the woods after him with my .357 sig. He wasn't hard to find because of the ruckus he was making. As I got close to him, he turned and came right at me. One round just a little higher than between the eyes put him down for the death flop. Surprisingly I drug him out pretty easy, but loading him was a task I had to call help for.
i106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC02302.jpg
Holy Smokes! Looks like you know Jimmy Dean!

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my first this year. 8 point that was heavy poundage wise. Shot him with the smokepole that I had loaded from muzzleloader season. Good shoot clean through, but I think the bullet didn't expand since he acted kind of indifferent to it, walked about 30 yards away and laid down.

deer 1.jpg
deer 2.jpg

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my Rifle Opener Buck.
DSC_3114.JPG

You can't make this story up. just after sun up I had a doe bust me and was making all kinds of noise. Looking around I found her boyfriend. I couldn't tell the size but he looked shooter quality. Spread not quite past the years. Unfortunately I couldn't get a clean shot. Wouldn't have mattered I was to amped up to hold the rifle steady. Both walked off without much fuss. I got turned back around in my blind watching the area I wanted the deer to come from. about 7:45 or so I decided to get a bit comfy. stretched out with the other chair as a foot rest and proceeded to nod off. I'd wake up every now and then to check things out. at 8:50 I happened to open my eyes and notice something to my right. This buck was slowly walking with not a care in the world just 50 yards from my blind.

Amazingly enough I was able to get situated and get a shot off before he dipped into the trees again. He didn't even take a step. Dead on the spot.

30 more seconds of shut eye and I would have missed this deer completely. I saw a total of 5 does and 2 bucks this morning. Very good morning to be hunting.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son's first deer! Spike buck, 63 yards using handloaded .223 Sierra Gameking DRT.

No matter how many deer he kills in the future, that is a deer that neither of you will ever forget. Congrats to you both!!!

My youngest son is 18 and guided one of his non hunting friends to his first deer yesterday. My son was super excited and had to call me with all the details. My son hasn't killed a deer this year, and it makes me proud that he would give up his hunt for his friend. I know ALOT of grown men who wouldn't do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom