Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this guy Saturday morning - took two shots with Nosler Ballistic tip - read about it's so-called performance here.

i50.tinypic.com_6tnt3t.jpg

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice Erick, is that a cyclone?

Thank you guys. It is actually a 762sdn-6. Thanks to the great work by dustingaunder, I was able to get the 51t break installed. The Cyclone is supposed to be quieter, but the difference probably won't be noticeable in the field. well, not to dear anyways. They will hear either of them quite well. Even my Sparrow was noticeable enough to a pair of coyotes.

I don't think you get any advantage over deer with a suppressed rifle, but that's not the intention of it. Really, the shooter and the people next to him are the only ones that benefit by not damaging their hearing. On top of that, it does add weight and length to an already heavy riffle. Well worth it in my opinion, but nothing like the game wardens were afraid of.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_2012deerrifle1.jpg

i981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_2012deerrifle2.jpg

i981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_2012deerrifle3.jpg

i981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_2012deerrifle4.jpg

11:00 opening morning. He was moving on. I think the neighbor scared him up. I had to holler to get him to stop. 130yd shot, piled up about 50yds up the hill.
I passed on a nice 10pt at first light. I was kicking myself after for not taking it. glad I didn't now.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
well,its been kind of a drought for me. i have not hunted the last two years of opening weekend at my buddy's farm. opting to cook and clean, help getting the deer in and cleaned and what not. this year wasn't much diffferent, i did go out and battle the wind sunday morning and had a little 8 point scurry through at shooting light. not much for the rest of the hunters around cleo springs this weekend. heard very few shots and only a couple deer down this weekend.

drove back last night and decided to get up and try my lease that up until a couple years ago has just been a place to hang out. this year my son and i saw the biggest deer we've ever seen there on opening morn of primitive, so, we're kinda fired up. i saw five deer in the first few minutes this morning. this guy came from a direction that i've never had a deer come from until this morning. i had to stand up and turn around in the box blind and rest the gun on the back of the seat. 48gr of imr 4895 and a 168gr hornady a-max bullet stopped this guy at 120 yrds. field dressed at 160 lbs.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P1010223_3.jpg

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well,its been kind of a drought for me. i have not hunted the last two years of opening weekend at my buddy's farm. opting to cook and clean, help getting the deer in and cleaned and what not. this year wasn't much diffferent, i did go out and battle the wind sunday morning and had a little 8 point scurry through at shooting light. not much for the rest of the hunters around cleo springs this weekend. heard very few shots and only a couple deer down this weekend.

drove back last night and decided to get up and try my lease that up until a couple years ago has just been a place to hang out. this year my son and i saw the biggest deer we've ever seen there on opening morn of primitive, so, we're kinda fired up. i saw five deer in the first few minutes this morning. this guy came from a direction that i've never had a deer come from until this morning. i had to stand up and turn around in the box blind and rest the gun on the back of the seat. 48gr of imr 4895 and a 168gr hornady a-max bullet stopped this guy at 120 yrds. field dressed at 160 lbs.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P1010223_3.jpg

Nice buck! Glad your lease is paying off for you!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nice buck! Glad your lease is paying off for you!

thanks cory. what he lacks in antler he made up for in body size. the left side has some trash at the base. there is two kickers about 2 inches long that spiral around the base. there was a third but it is broke off as well as the brow tine on that side. the two main beams lack about 3/8's of an inch to overlap. it'll make a cool euro mount for the office

Latest posts

Top Bottom