Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great buck and find there Okie! I've found a lot of sheds over the years, but never a full skull with antlers attached like that.

Dennis, congrats on the pistol kill! I've been carrying the Super Blackhawk to the stand hoping for another pistol deer myself.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot a doe this morning. 112 pounds. 25 yds with the S&W .45LC. 112 lbs

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_dennishoddy1_461E640066e49deade6b6e7b8c0b412a9f77f.jpg

Hell yea!! I've been tryin to shoot somethin with my .44 for the last two days with no luck. congrats!!

Had this buck come in and out with a doe, without getting a shot at 1:00pm. 5 minutes later, she brought him right back through. When I shot him, he went West, the doe came right at me and up over the pond dam comes another buck of the same size right behind her. So, I'm not sure if the buck I shot was the first one I saw or not. I know it was the same doe, she was a different color gray than the others I'd seen that morning. As I followed the blood into the tall grass, I quickly saw my buck, and just beyond him, was the skeleton of another buck, which is what the other skull is in the pic.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_buckedit.jpg

Sweet!! You need to play the powerball cause its not very often that one shoots one as nice as you did and find a skull like that, awesome!!!

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opening day of rifle. Winchester mod 70 Extreme Weather 7mm WSM, 140gr Nosler Ballistic Tip @75 yds. Spine shot. DRT
i936.photobucket.com_albums_ad201_30BulletHoles_img_1507.jpg

Pictures that my son took were blurry as hell, so here is one of him with my deer. 8pt, 135lb dressed
i936.photobucket.com_albums_ad201_30BulletHoles_img_1504.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been thinking about carrying the .44 mag to the bow stand.

I've got a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag. With my full loads, I can't keep a 6" group at 25 yds. The S&W will maintain a 2" group.
The Ruger has a 12 pound trigger, and the S&W has a target trigger and hammer that breaks at 3 pounds.
Pretty easy to figure out that the Ruger needs a whole lot of trigger work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom