"Prepare to repel Boarders!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1540432070862.png

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course.... being all magnanimous is great when you expect all these people to be someone else's problem. When they show up asking to live in YOUR backyard, or YOUR garage, or YOUR bedroom, and use YOUR bathroom - it's not so simple, is it?
Reminds me of a dinesh disouza Q&A at Amherst university. A young student was talking about white privelage and how blacks and other monorities are treated so much worse than whites. And that whites are still benefitting from slavery. He also mentioned affirmative action and how more blacks should be allowed to go to colleges. Then dinesh said to the young punk, “ since you have acknowledged that you have benefited from white privelage why not go to the school and say that you want to give up your spot in the college so a minority could take it”. “Are you willing to do that” dinesh said. And of course the kid didn’t want to do that. As dinesh said to him, “ you want others to give up their spots but your not willing to do it yourself. You talk a big game but can’t back it up”. This is what so many in this country are like. They talk about how mistreated minorities are and how they should be treated better but if it directly affects said person they aren’t willing to help out. They talk a big game but can’t put their money where their mouth is.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh it's definitely true. When I was in commiefornia over 10 years ago 2 to 4 families would share a house. They were very miserly with their money too. They handled their finances like we used to do 60 years ago. You know, paid cash or used prepaid cards, they didn't take out credit lines because they probably didn't want the hassle with it if they could get it, and yes they could do that too, but they didn't as a rule. If they wanted to buy something, they paid for it. Weird concept... :rolleyes:

Yep, I had a Mexican family of 4 in my rental. Paid cash on time every month and when I stopped by to get the rent, there was always a bag of some sort of deliciousness waiting for me.
In two years they finally ended up with 11 people living in the 1100 sq ft house. As each new one arrived from the mother country, I upped the rent by $50 to comp for additional wear and tear on the home. When they finally moved out to a much bigger home they were buying, the house was spotless and ready to rent again so they got their deposit back.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I had a Mexican family of 4 in my rental. Paid cash on time every month and when I stopped by to get the rent, there was always a bag of some sort of deliciousness waiting for me.
In two years they finally ended up with 11 people living in the 1100 sq ft house. As each new one arrived from the mother country, I upped the rent by $50 to comp for additional wear and tear on the home. When they finally moved out to a much bigger home they were buying, the house was spotless and ready to rent again so they got their deposit back.
Thanks, Dennis.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's a nice story! Unfortunately, I hear too many stories of people trashing homes out when they move a lot of people in. Glad that one worked out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a nice story! Unfortunately, I hear too many stories of people trashing homes out when they move a lot of people in. Glad that one worked out.
It worked out well because I worked with the father of the family who was a valued employee at that company. I only rented to co-workers or their immediate family members. I was never disappointed in any renter that lived there, and let them do maintenance on the house in lieu of rent like painting the outside or inside.
I also have heard horror stories of rental homes being destroyed. The home next door was a rental and the psycho that was in there did thousands of dollars in damage when they moved out in the middle of the night.
I could see the 50's neighborhood going south with the older folks that owned homes in the area passing away and homes becoming rentals, so I sold it while the market was good.
Dumped the money into our home mortgage and we paid off at 15 years + or - a couple of months.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah, and a lot of them are good old Oklahoma white trash. I've got a friend with several rent houses and I've helped him clean up after tenants were evicted...it isn't all Mexican's and other immigrants who trash the places before they move out, far from it actually.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, and a lot of them are good old Oklahoma white trash. I've got a friend with several rent houses and I've helped him clean up after tenants were evicted...it isn't all Mexican's and other immigrants who trash the places before they move out, far from it actually.

Absolutely. Plenty of trashy folks of all types 'round here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom