Speaking of car tags...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have them now (assuming they’re not out of stock at your tag agency). When I transferred my mom’s car into my name last month, they asked if I wanted to do one year or two, so I went the two year route. (IIRC, the two-year carries a little bit of a break over the annual renewal price.)

I’m pretty sure I did the two-year renewal on my truck a few months ago, too, but I’ve slept not nearly enough since then.
You can get three year renewals on boats now as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife was previously married/divorced as well, and I’ve been on her for a year to FIND the legal documents! First marriage license, then divorce paperwork, our marriage license..I’d think Bitth certificate, and our marriage license should be sufficient… but nooooo. I got my RealID in about 15 minutes a year or 2 ago. My wife likes to throw stuff away.. but I know I have them “SOMEWHERE” she says…🤔😖
My wife has them stashed somewhere but doesn't know where. Big help huh?
Aren't those records of divorce available on OCN or whatever that Oklahoma records online thing is called?

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has them stashed somewhere but doesn't know where. Big help huh?
Aren't those records of divorce available on OCN or whatever that Oklahoma records online thing is called?
OCN is one, but I’m sure they could tap into multiple database's, and have the needed info available almost immediately. Thank God she wasn’t married a few times!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OCN is one, but I’m sure they could tap into multiple database's, and have the needed info available almost immediately. Thank God she wasn’t married a few times!
I'm betting those high maintenance ladies that have multiple marriages becomes a nightmare unless they kept their maiden names.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no real justifiably reason to have to pay for a tag every year except to generate money for the .gov, it should be you buy a tag at a one time fee and keep it for life putting it on a vehicle when purchased and the excise tax should be a one time fee not everytime the vehicle changes ownership.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you cant use the same picture, it must be a picture taken in the last 6 months (dont know how they will know if its been longer but thats what the link said)
When I renewed last fall they reused my previous picture. But the picture I uploaded had to be recent.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSCN—Oklahoma Supreme Court Network. The OK Supreme Court requires the local courts to report their filings electronically, and has since the mid-‘90s, but the county officials are elected in their counties, so some of them don’t think they need to comply with the rules. (That’s what I was told by a few people inside OSCN; the view from the county level may vary.)

I know that I’ve been able to find various records of court proceedings over the last 20-ish years from the Cleveland County courts on OSCN, but that may be highly dependent on the county and the timeframe of the proceedings you’re seeking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom